Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think we'll sign a forward in the January transfer window?

Do you think we'll sign a forward in the January transfer window?

• Yes

Votes: 160 66.4%
  • No

Votes: 81 33.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We said the same about centre backs when Duffy signed.
Indeed. We looked to spend £8m on Pratchard, and with us in second position I think the club will be looking for a striker to compete with Baldock for a starting place.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
We IMO will sell no one of note,this window,and only bring in players with potential,unless we have injury concerns,once again its our team spirit that is so impressive and to bring anyone in that would disrupt that would be a serious mistake.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
That. Brentford will sell, we will have to pay top price, probably the £8million we were going to flush down the toilet for Pritchard but what a signing he would be. Uncomplicated, quick, strong and deadly.

Stockdale; Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong; Knockaert Stephens Kayal Skalak; Murray Hogan

Oh my.

Can't see Mr Benham sanctioning that. Think I am right in saying that TB is actually BANNED from Griffin Park such is the enmity between them.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I suspect that we will try and sign someone though. Would be madness not to, regardless of our excellent current position. (Arguably, BECAUSE of our excellent current position.)

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
No I dont as I think they will consider we are covered with the 3 we have . My bigger concern is that Newcastle sell Lascelles to Chelsea for the reputed £18m and they then spend the money on Dunk and Knockhaert with TB cashing in having Goldson and March as replacements. But I do really hope not.

That completely ignores the financial prize of gaining promotion! Whatever we might get for LD and AK would be insignificant compared to the money on offer simply by being in the Premier League.

There are no guarantees that we'll be promoted but we have an infinitely better chance if we retain those players.

Selling them would make no financial sense, whatsoever.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
No idea. Not sure if it is an official ban or simply that he has been told he is not welcome.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I think Manu may be replaced. As we play with two up top, we need at least two good replacements in case of injury and rotation purposes. We need another Baldock style player, that will run his legs off and play off of either Murray or Hemed and chip in with a goal or two.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Leo for me please.:angel:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Perhaps I'm being unrealistically optimistic, but where we are now, and in the hope of a decent run up to January. Our enquiries for players should be met with more enthusiasm than they were last window. Difficult to imagine that Pritchard hasn't at least had a doubt about his previous decision.
Any improving player could well consider the club as a great way to advance their careers, at least whilst we get ever closer to the Prem. :)

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
That. Brentford will sell, we will have to pay top price, probably the £8million we were going to flush down the toilet for Pritchard but what a signing he would be. Uncomplicated, quick, strong and deadly.

Stockdale; Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong; Knockaert Stephens Kayal Skalak; Murray Hogan

Oh my.

Dead right (except maybe on current form Sidwell is the first name on the teamsheet).

Brentford operate the Moneyball model, so they look for undervalued players, add value to them and sell on. See Dallas, Diagouraga etc. They also have the small matter of a new stadium to fund.

We have good cover for every position EXCEPT Baldock. Manu was a gamble that hasn't paid off. We will unload him and bring in an upgrade, ideally Hogan.

PG

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I am going to be positive and say we will. I genuinely think this is all we need in January and am sure the club are working towards it already. One striker and let Manu go and that should be it for transfers hopefully. Still a long way to go before then but, if we're in a similar position to where we are now, we should be in a good position to attract a quality striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here