Do you have a garden ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
This poll is proof, if any more was needed, at how out of touch posters are on here with the reality of the world. Look at you all with your gardens, no wonder this place is nicknamed tory stand chat.

I can only describe that (to be nice) as a colossal reach. I f***ing LOVE my garden and I've never considered voting Tory in my life.

Perhaps you could put your theory to these two prominent right-wing ideologues - seen here in their natural habitat?

ken.jpg
corbyn.jpg

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Are they posting on the internet asking how we are all doing on lockdown with a picture of themselves, feet up in the sun drinking in their garden...you know, not in any way gloating at the rest of us? People need to seriously think about how that looks and the impact it has on others at this time. But now, people need to show off their wealth and how well they are doing don't they.

They could be, for all I know (I'll leave you to check).

What I'm pretty certain of is that they aren't conflating having a garden with voting Tory

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've decided to sit on my roof 20200424_140902.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Are they posting on the internet asking how we are all doing on lockdown with a picture of themselves, feet up in the sun drinking in their garden...you know, not in any way gloating at the rest of us? People need to seriously think about how that looks and the impact it has on others at this time. But now, people need to show off their wealth and how well they are doing don't they.

You could always do one.

As someone else has posted, keeping busy in a garden doing jobs is good for mental health.

I'm the last person you would see posting a picture of myself with my feet up drinking in my garden, but going into the garden to do some odd jobs is keeping me sane.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No. But I bet the show-offs posting about having one are. Ok, its an ego "I am better than you" thing that means they are tory not necessarily the garden.

But on a wider point, it does amaze me that 80ish% on here have a garden! Maybe it shows the "church" of NSC is not as broad as it claims it to be? I have had 9 (I think) places I have lived. Two have had some form of outside space. For a city is this not a common occurrence? Or does this board attract predominately the more affluent or older and financially more stable/secure fan?

I've lived in 2 council houses in Whitehawk, both houses had gardens.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
No. But I bet the show-offs posting about having one are. Ok, its an ego "I am better than you" thing that means they are tory not necessarily the garden.

But on a wider point, it does amaze me that 80ish% on here have a garden! Maybe it shows the "church" of NSC is not as broad as it claims it to be? I have had 9 (I think) places I have lived. Two have had some form of outside space. For a city is this not a common occurrence? Or does this board attract predominately the more affluent or older and financially more stable/secure fan?

Across Sussex as a whole (which is maybe the area most NSCers live) 80% of properties probably have a garden.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A council house in Whitehawk? You were lucky...we lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank......

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

........or anyone that such a discussion 'has an impact on' maybe should just avoid looking at (and perpetuating) the thread if it's pissing them off that much ? Not sure what you'd expect to see below a thread title asking about whether people have a garden other than posts describing, or showing pictures (or not in my case because it'd be embarrassing), of people's gardens :shrug: At least proves there is literally no thread that can't be hijacked by prejudiced political views I guess.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I am sure it is. But when people without access to one keep being told this it starts to ****ing grate after two months! That is all I am saying.

There was this word in the thread title .... G A R D E N .... was that too subtle for you ? I don't like American Football. So have a wild guess which threads I don't open ? You got it, those with N F L in the title.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I am sure it is. But when people without access to one keep being told this it starts to ****ing grate after two months! That is all I am saying.

Read another thread, scroll past or switch off and read/watch tv or do some housework.

I'm not a fan of politics so I avoid all the political threads and arguments, I know some people like yourself love this sort of thing, but I find it bores me, so I do something else.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

I have a lovely big garden, about an acre altogether.

I haven't seen it today as I've been inside all day in my office, doing my job.

Would it be ok with you if I sat out in it later and had a beer? If I took a photo would it upset you?

Next door have a swimming pool and everything....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Having just opened this thread for the first time, and witnessed the exchanges, I went back to the first pages expecting to see lots of photos of NSCers out in their gardens, drinks in hand. I expected a few classic steamer chairs and, just possibly, the odd hammock.

But there's not one such picture.

Bizarre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here