Do we want to target the Carling cup? Or promotion?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Do we want promotion: Higher ticket prices, huge transfer fees, spoilt players, probably a relegation battle. Or should we TFT and win the Carling cup (and then the Europa Cup!!). Opinions?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we will not get either .......a decent carling cup run would add a couple of mill to the kitty , if we go up i don't think we will be competitive yet , play offs this season one more decent fixture in the carling , fourth round exit f.a cup , get to play off's ....have to be happy with that although these boys seem to be full of surprises....!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Carling Cup? We are in the THIRD round.

There is still the 4th, 5th then a TWO legged semi before we even think about the final.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Apparently very few on here like the premiership, so I presume most people want to stay in this division for a while.

It's rubbish, the quality of football is poor, it's predictable, the players are over-paid and the Championship is much more exciting.

So a lot of people on here seem to claim anyway. Will be interesting to hear their views when we are in it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Or should we TFT and win the Carling cup (and then the Europa Cup!!). Opinions?
It's all pretty basic stuff isn't it, just got to score more goals than the opposition. Might as well win the championship this year, win the premiership next year, then win the champions league the year after.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Don't believe we have any serious chance of getting to the final, let alone winning the League Cup. Also don't think we'll get promoted but that isn't going to stop me enjoying the wonderful ride we're currently on.

Macprawn

Jun 1, 2011
Promotion would be amazing, although would be more than happy with another couple of seasons in the championship under gus watching the football we are playing. I think we will come up short in the carling cup once the big boys come in but u never know few more nights like last night would be good

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It's rubbish, the quality of football is poor, it's predictable, the players are over-paid and the Championship is much more exciting.

So a lot of people on here seem to claim anyway. Will be interesting to hear their views when we are in it.

Twas my point - not that I agree with it, last year the difference was a lot less between top and bottom. The winners are pretty predictable, but to have 2 or 3 clubs in the running is more than most leagues. Plus, it's not all about the top, the fight on the last day to avoid relegation was gripping. I suspect people just don't like paying for it, and wouldn;t complain if it was free. To be fair, there are some games I wouldn't want to watch - Everton v West Brom anyone ?.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Not mutually exclusive are they?

Let's just try to win every game we play.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I do worry about reaching the Premiership in the very near future for a couple of reasons. I think it will be too soon for our squad and a year or two fighting it out at the top half of the Championship while we slowly build and strengthen our squad would not be a bad thing. Then there's the selfish reasons that I probably wouldn't be able to afford to get a premiership season ticket (obviously completely guessing that there will be a substantial price hike, and I may be completely wrong) as well as away games going up again. I'm not saying that Brighton being in the Prem would be rubbish whatsoever, just that I will start to feel less attached to it if I can't go as regulalry as I have done for the last 20 odd years. As I say, it's completely selfish of me.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Premiership is the be all and end all of this club now, why do you think Tony Bloom has pumped so much money in and the day we settle for showing no ambition will be the day Gus and Tanno are off.

THIS

I know someone who was lucky enough to have Bloom at their corp/1901 presentations. He mentioned "when we are in the Premier League" at least 3 times.

In fact I CONFIDANTLEY predict we will have a season (hopefully more) in the Prem in the next 3 years or sooner.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
It's all pretty basic stuff isn't it, just got to score more goals than the opposition. Might as well win the championship this year, win the premiership next year, then win the champions league the year after.

Hadn't thought of that scenario!! But seriously, what would our game plan be IF (big if I know) we reached the Prem?? The first season would be a unique and exciting experience but what would we be aiming for on the basis that we couldn't really compete with the top 6?

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Hadn't thought of that scenario!! But seriously, what would our game plan be IF (big if I know) we reached the Prem?? The first season would be a unique and exciting experience but what would we be aiming for on the basis that we couldn't really compete with the top 6?

Fulham would surely be the model, consistently aim for the top 10 and slip in the back door to the Europa League whenever possible.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Carling cup, I think it would be better for the long term if we stayed in the championship for 1 season then target it next season.. that said I wouldn't complain if we got promoted this year.

Amahwrang

I usually am
Feb 2, 2011
Glasgow
It's all pretty basic stuff isn't it, just got to score more goals than the opposition.

And to do that follow these simple rules. When the balls down our end kick it up thier end when the balls up thier end kick it in the net

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports