Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do cats feel sadness

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This year I have fed: great tits:drool:/little tits/green finches/black birds/pigions/robins/magpies/sparrows/jackdaws/wot the feck am getting into this for?

So your a bird lover,why not be an animal lover too,i have cats the youngest chases the squirrels out of the garden (far more devastating to bird feed supplies than any cat) and although she may get the odd bird,she keeps the squirrels at bay.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Sorry to her that mate, I had my cat for 19 years, very sad when he went.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
So your a bird lover,why not be an animal lover too,i have cats the youngest chases the squirrels out of the garden (far more devastating to bird feed supplies than any cat) and although she may get the odd bird,she keeps the squirrels at bay.

OK, I have admitted defeat. We have squirrels/foxes/birds/badgers and they all bring 'something' to my garden. I did not realise how much I love watching the various birds and animals in my garden. I still think cats shit where ever they like!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
OK, I admit defeat, I do not know wot I am talking about. Do you think we will beat 'dirty leeds'? :eek:

we have beaten 2 teams at home convincingly that come from Yorkshire already,why not a 3rd.(please)

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Can't be bothered to start a new thread but

DO DOGS FEEL SADNESS

My dog BUCKLEY is lying on the floor right in front of me licking his balls for last time, tomorrow morning they're going under the hammer poor little bugger looking at me all doe eyed has no idea bringing a tear to my thinking about it
Will he feel sadness tomorrow

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

DO DOGS FEEL SADNESS

My dog BUCKLEY is lying on the floor right in front of me licking his balls for last time, tomorrow morning they're going under the hammer poor little bugger looking at me all doe eyed has no idea bringing a tear to my thinking about it

He will hate you for 24 hours but he can now spend the rest of his life without having a permamnent hard-on and being able to do nothing about it. He will thank you, he won't know it but he will.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

DO DOGS FEEL SADNESS

My balls went years ago! I didnt have a chance to lick em!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Ocassionally one of my cats "coincides" with a bird who may have been using one of the bird feeders - in which case I have to dig a small hole and bury the resultant catastrophe. Much as I would rather this didn't happen there is nothing you can do about it - its a bit like trying to convince people on here not to eat dead chickens, cows, sheep or pigs.

PS the dog won't notice what he hasn't got after a day or so after the swelling goes down - like our "30 goals a season" target man.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
He will hate you for 24 hours but he can now spend the rest of his life without having a permamnent hard-on and being able to do nothing about it. He will thank you, he won't know it but he will.

Yeah he would have been a tortured soul cheers mate I feel better now

Fur Cough

Jeez, please forgive me Fur Cough I thought you were mucking about. You obviously think more about your cat than some of your replies to the posters on NSC. To be honest I think you are deluded giving a cat human characteristics. (is that the right spelling?) In the thirty five years I have lived in my present address I havent seen anything to change my mind : That is, cats are nasty pieces of work due to their DNA. I have spent hundreds of pounds on bird feed. My family of six would rather see hundreds of birds feeding from our various 'sites' in the garden than see one fecking cat trying to disrupt that.

I'm not giving her human characteristics, it's well documented that humans are not the only animal to grieve. Had I not witnessed this myself I would have doubed it, they never really seemed "close" had good tear ups and sometimes seem to enjoy the others misfortune when being locked out of the house accidentaly.

FWIW, when this one goes I will probably buy a bird feeder and enjoy watching them in the garden without having to worry about hoovering up feathers and such like.

Animals have very few traits, they have love for ones close, they show fear and they show survival, we show much more, most of them bad.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
9 years in Wales with a huge garden with just about every bird you can imagine
4 bird feeders and 3 bird boxes
only one bird killed in this time with up to 5 cats
mountains of dead mice though
biggest threat to the birds in our garden
that bastard of a neighbour we had and the circling Buzzards in the afternoons
cats are generally lazy sods and if its on the ground, has 4 legs and is easier to catch than a feisty Robin or a rather large Jackdaw thats the path they take

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here