Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do cats feel sadness

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Taken the plunge. Bought a cat travel box, play centre, IAMS kitty food and the self cleaning litter (bye bye 500 quid), and seeing a maine coon cat on Tuesday!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Ive just spent £15.00 quid on bird feed for the blue tits/great tits:drool:/sparrows/green finches/wrens/robins/little tits? may have got this bit wrong! Cats are a waste of space in my opinion.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Quality post, NSC just wouldn't be NSC without 'characters' like you.

Fur Cough

Well here we are again, since I started this thread a whole lot has happened, a quick update for the cat/animal lovers among us:

If you don't like amimals and want to try and belittle us go ahead, I really don't care, your opinion to me is meaningless.

She is very slowly getting used to the idea of being alone I think, still lets out small meows when looking where her sister once curled up and stares out the window and you can tell she's looking for her sister. She is eating well again but I have had to clear up a few vomits, stress maybe?

Today she went all the way to the end of the garden, all 30 feet of it, and came hurtling back and padded around on my lap for 30 minutes.

To answer my question, "Do Cats feel sadness" Yes they do.

Thanks all, a part of my family died last Monday after 17 years and I still think of her, not as much as her sister it seems but the love and affection she gave myself, my wife, two daughter and four grandchildren will never be forgotten.

Fur Cough.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Taken the plunge. Bought a cat travel box, play centre, IAMS kitty food and the self cleaning litter (bye bye 500 quid), and seeing a maine coon cat on Tuesday!
£500 ??????????? Even Iams isn't THAT expensive (never heard of self cleaning litter - I can't imagine how that works). When we had to keep ours indoors we just used a normal covered litter tray and clumping litter (the other stuff is a total waste of money), alot of plastic bags and several trips to the bin.

I suspect the cat will be seeing you however, not the other way round.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Vegster had a cat with one eye and a tongue that hung out of his mouth because of some condition or Other and looked a right state. The RSPCA saw him sleeping outside on the pavement one day in the sun and thinking he had been run over whisked him off to their cattery to 'save' him when in fact he was in perfect health. When Veg finally got him back a week later the RSPCA were hinting at some sort of renumeration but then realised that they had actually catnapped him without cause when it was all explained.
Turned out to be a sort of feline 'All Inclusive' break for the little fellow really.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
£500 ??????????? Even Iams isn't THAT expensive (never heard of self cleaning litter - I can't imagine how that works). When we had to keep ours indoors we just used a normal covered litter tray and clumping litter (the other stuff is a total waste of money), alot of plastic bags and several trips to the bin.

I suspect the cat will be seeing you however, not the other way round.

Catgenie, google it I can't paste on this tablet for some reason.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Well here we are again, since I started this thread a whole lot has happened, a quick update for the cat/animal lovers among us:

If you don't like amimals and want to try and belittle us go ahead, I really don't care, your opinion to me is meaningless.

She is very slowly getting used to the idea of being alone I think, still lets out small meows when looking where her sister once curled up and stares out the window and you can tell she's looking for her sister. She is eating well again but I have had to clear up a few vomits, stress maybe?

Today she went all the way to the end of the garden, all 30 feet of it, and came hurtling back and padded around on my lap for 30 minutes.

To answer my question, "Do Cats feel sadness" Yes they do.

Thanks all, a part of my family died last Monday after 17 years and I still think of her, not as much as her sister it seems but the love and affection she gave myself, my wife, two daughter and four grandchildren will never be forgotten.

Fur Cough.

Jeez, please forgive me Fur Cough I thought you were mucking about. You obviously think more about your cat than some of your replies to the posters on NSC. To be honest I think you are deluded giving a cat human characteristics. (is that the right spelling?) In the thirty five years I have lived in my present address I havent seen anything to change my mind : That is, cats are nasty pieces of work due to their DNA. I have spent hundreds of pounds on bird feed. My family of six would rather see hundreds of birds feeding from our various 'sites' in the garden than see one fecking cat trying to disrupt that.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Jeez, please forgive me Fur Cough I thought you were mucking about. You obviously think more about your cat than some of your replies to the posters on NSC. To be honest I think you are deluded giving a cat human characteristics. (is that the right spelling?) In the thirty five years I have lived in my present address I havent seen anything to change my mind : That is, cats are nasty pieces of work due to their DNA. I have spent hundreds of pounds on bird feed. My family of six would rather see hundreds of birds feeding from our various 'sites' in the garden than see one fecking cat trying to disrupt that.
I guess someone eventually had to be the total cock on the thread. It went to long being 'normal'.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have genuinely never met an animal I didn't like

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

5 years, say £500 spent on bird food, that's about £2 a week. Quite the philanthropist aren't you???

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Are Magpie's welcome to feed in the garden?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Just realised that second bottle of 'New Zealands' finest woz one too many------I still dont like cats!

You need a cat-a proper cat now this bread might set you back a fair amount of money but he/she could change your thinking bengal-cat.jpg

Balls

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here