Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Direct From Gus in Barbados

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I know plenty of Morrisons, one opened in Worthing on the old Co Op site for example.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Surrey Albion, I have a friend who met Gus whilst in Barbados during the tournement, my post details only what he said. Would you want me to keep this to myself or post?? Which Morrison? I dont know. I have only written what I know

Hi Cuffs. I'm pleased you posted because, true or not, I like a good rumour. However, if the information comes to you via a friend who met Gus, it's a bit misleading to entitle the thread 'Direct from Gus in Barbados'.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Surrey Albion, I have a friend who met Gus whilst in Barbados during the tournement, my post details only what he said. Would you want me to keep this to myself or post?? Which Morrison? I dont know. I have only written what I know

what colour shorts did Gus have on?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
No worries, and I'm inclined to agree with you, at least about the Morrison bit. Morison (only one R) has left Millwall for Norwich, and the only other one I can think of who might be available (so discounting James and Ravel) is Clinton Morrison, who is indeed shit. Bennett being offered 4x his wages isn't beyond the realms of possibility though - £5,000 x 4 = £20,000, and 6 grand would make 24.

If true, and I still don't think Gus would divulge transfer targets to anyone outside the Board and his immediate staff (things have been considerably tightened up in that area), it clearly shows he didn't rate Murray, who as far as I know was also asking for 3 or 4 times his existing wage.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The most significant thing about this (if true) is that we have at least offered a big deal to Benno. If he stays that would feel like another good signing. In reality I fear he has played his last for us.

Cuffs

Jan 29, 2010
I am not sure what to do here? defend myself or just watch the banter/questions/accusations pass by?

I will answer a few and ignore a few

IP address is Insurance Company in City though it may route back to US as I work for US insurer.

Would Gus relay targets to a tourist? I wouldnt of thought so but like I say did you want me to keep the info secret? I suspect even football managers love to gossip.

Troll - Bozza knows me.

Is this direct - I have not inflated the info I just took it as it was told to me which is as direct as I can offer.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I still honestly think the best striker we could sign would be GUS himself, still reckon he would be better than all we are talking about!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Could be Matthew Morrison (Glee), just cancelled his UK tour maybe he's talking to Gus about a change of profession.

(Just to clarify why I knew, my daughter was going to see him tomorrow at the Brighton Centre)

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Sean Morrison, young centre back , highly rated by Swindon fans, went to Reading but doesn't get a look in ?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Could be Matthew Morrison (Glee), just cancelled his UK tour maybe he's talking to Gus about a change of profession.

(Just to clarify why I knew, my daughter was going to see him tomorrow at the Brighton Centre)

Liar.....your a glee lover....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here