Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did anyone actually ask Graham for an apology?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't any woman who would turn to prostitution out of choice, they have probably been abused, used or trafficked. So please don't use that terminology.
I can tell you from my perspective down in the upper levels of dirt and despair, there is a fair number of women turning into prostitues to finance drugs that no one really forced them to get hooked on.

However, generally speaking you're right and I won't use that terminology again.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I can tell you from my perspective down in the upper levels of dirt and despair, there is a fair number of women turning into prostitues to finance drugs that no one really forced them to get hooked on.

However, generally speaking you're right and I won't use that terminology again.
I agree it may be to fund their addiction, but if they had a choice to fund it another way, then they would. I don't know why they got addicted in the first place.

But thank you for agreeing it is not a nice term to use.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Its a good question and I've asked you the same thing multiple times with no reply. If you could give me an answer I'd gladly give you one as well.

As I might have said before: I think there is therapy available. I understand that after the clearly visible issues you had with your father, you wanted to never show any weakness because you thought it would affect your chances of getting on terms with him again. Hence why you love kicking at people who are at the bottom: it makes you feel strong and you think you're disguising your misery but anyone who can do basic math has done it by now. But there's help to get these days. Yeah the two divorces - maybe three? - won't be undone and your relatives won't make any more calls, but I think there's some skanky bitch somewhere in the area who'd give you a bit of attention for a fiver or two so you don't have to get these panicky "look-at-me I hate depressed, weak and nice people and don't give a shit about Albion"-outbursts once in a while.
Good advice from the 'pro peace' account.

I always stand up for you Swanny, so in return maybe review what you have written on this one.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think I said it before somewhere on here. Probably pissed on Saturday night, but I think all this hand-wringing about booing is a bit much. I don't know about anyone else but I gave them grief because they are the opposition, we had a bit of extra ammo to do it with and it's fun to hurl invective at the other side. It became even more fun when it was clear it was helping them crumble and put a bit extra in the Albion players steps. In the stadium there's no time for dispassionate conversations about respect or ex manager/players records etc. You just give it to them. Because they are the enemy. Now the games over i couldn't care less about Potter, Cucurella or anyone else. I just wish we could summon the will to give the opposition that level of grief every week. His comments about apologising tell you everything you need to know about how.much he was obviously rattled, and for that I say GOOD. It clearly transmitted to his players.
I'm limited to listening on the tranny and the atmosphere sounded great. Loved it.

I wanted to beat them most because they were Chelsea. The only team we have never beaten of those we have played. And I felt that Saturday would give us our best chance for some time.

So I was overjoyed. The Potter thing was a sideshow. I just wanted to beat bloody Chelsea.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
He's probably pissed that there was no welcoming North Stand flag with 'Gizzit ere Graham' and his ginger mug on it.

Tough.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Surprised It hasn’t been mentioned or maybe it has Potters last words in one of the interviews I’ve been hearing all day. ‘ I hope for their sake the new manager is as good as me’ reworded slightly although we all know what he meant.
Would that be the same man that’s just smashed your team of the park Graham :tosser:

el punal

This is all so tedious now. As with most things in life, there are now two 'sides' and everyone seems FORCED to take one of them. Bloke leaves a club and thinks he did nothing wrong. Fans of said club don't like the fact he left. The two polar opposites are NEVER going to find common ground.

I'm not sure why, even after a stunning victory against Potter's Chelsea, people are still banging on about who said what, what they interpret he meant by it or what he thinks of the club. He's clearly moved on, so why can't some Brighton fans?

There seems to be a lot of generalisations and assumptions flying about – on all sides. Who cares?!

I would suggest that after Saturday’s performance and result this whole charade will fade away into the blue yonder. Old hat, old news, blah, blah. We’re in the De Zerbi era now and at five o’clock on Saturday we welcomed it in.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Surprised It hasn’t been mentioned or maybe it has Potters last words in one of the interviews I’ve been hearing all day. ‘ I hope for their sake the new manager is as good as me’ reworded slightly although we all know what he meant.
Would that be the same man that’s just smashed your team of the park Graham :tosser:
Yep I heard that. A really pissy thing to say. GP the second has all gone a bit GP the first. *uck him hope he sinks at Chelsea.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Apart from that's not what he said... :shrug:

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
How it could have played out..

"What did you make of the boos Graham, did the reaction surprise you?"
"Not really. The crowd made for a difficult atmosphere, and the start the team made heightened it.. It's all a bit of a pantomime, but honestly, my disappointment and "surprise" was in our 1st half performance"
"Do you feel disappointed - had you hoped for a more generous welcome?"
"I would have liked one, of course and we might have played better as a result! , but football is full of returning players and coaches getting a tough welcome-back - its nothing unusual! I wish the Club nothing but the best, apart from when they play us in the future, and am always grateful for the opportunity to develop my career they provided."

.....end of story..... I know, immediately post-match, emotions are raw, but I really do think he could have played it better - it was something he could have prepared for. I didn't mind the niggles he gave us a fan-base when he was here.. but niggling when you have left is just unnecessary..

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I’ve heard it about ten times today he definitely says it, ok he does not say as good as me although that’s what he’s referring to. I agree with Darren Bent he got far to pissy about the reaction not a good look.
So he definitely said it but also he didn't say it?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
All stuff and nonsense really. As I've said of numerous other threads Potter was not the only fruit on the managers tree so I wish him well knowing that within 2 years
he will almost certainly be gone from Chelsea and I truly believe DZW will be a fantastic success. The idea we are the only ungrateful fans in football with the audacity to boo is so farcical you just have to smile. imagine if Pep walked out of City in June 23 and turned up as Utd's new manager in September!!! as if the City faithful wouldn't boo and jeer. It happens all the time, even when the unthinkable happens like when harry left Pompey for Southampton and managed to piss both sets of fans off by going back to Portsmouth. It happens at every club at some point in time. Nah, nothing wrong with expressing ones disappointment and frustration in a non violent way.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
ooh got a link/source as ive not heard this..

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I’ve heard it about ten times today he definitely says it, ok he does not say as good as me although that’s what he’s referring to. I agree with Darren Bent he got far to pissy about the reaction not a good look.
I missed this. Was this TalkSport this afternoon?

Edit: Heard it now. They nailed it. Bravo!

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So what did he say if he didn't say the thing he "definitely said"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here