Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicker- True class

just in fashion new

Dec 23, 2008
Eastbourne
the whole point is POSSESSION of the ball. let the opposition run around chasing the ball. have you never watched Arsenal ! the fact that movement from the forward players didnt result in an opportunity is down to the (negative) way Tranmere played...1 up front even when 2-0 down !

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Elphick and El Abd were utterly bereft of ideas at that point. Neither of them even attempted to move the ball forward, not even by a yard. In the end, with not a brain cell between them, they left it to the keeper to do the hoof. The smarter posters picked up on that. You, however... :dunce:

Clueless. Again you are not taking into account what the REST of the team are doing. But yeah, lets forgot this passing rubbish and go back to Elphick from earlier in the season eh

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Clueless. Again you are not taking into account what the REST of the team are doing. But yeah, lets forgot this passing rubbish and go back to Elphick from earlier in the season eh

I'm talking about today. That was as disgraceful a passage of play as I've seen all season.

You're not seeing what you're watching :shrug:

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm talking about today. That was as disgraceful a passage of play as I've seen all season.

You're not seeing what you're watching :shrug:

Right lets agree to disagree. You think us keeping possession and working the opposition is the worst thing you've seen all season. I think us keeping possession and working the opposition is what Gus has tried to develop since he got here, and is the main reason we are now mid-table rather than a relegation dog fight.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Good fishing Tom :fishing:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Right lets agree to disagree. You think us keeping possession and working the opposition is the worst thing you've seen all season. I think us keeping possession and working the opposition is what Gus has tried to develop since he got here

I agree that Gus seems to have moved the stupider of the players he inherited one step up the footballing evolutionary ladder - as I said further up the thread - by more or less eradicating the brainless hoof (makes you question their previous half dozen managers capabilities though, eh). But, yeah, we'll have to agree to disagree that keeping possession in such a cretinous fashion is of much use going forward.

Stumpy Tim

I agree that Gus seems to have moved the stupider of the players he inherited one step up the footballing evolutionary ladder - as I said further up the thread - by more or less eradicating the brainless hoof (makes you question their previous half dozen managers capabilities though, eh). But, yeah, we'll have to agree to disagree that keeping possession in such a cretinous fashion is of much use going forward.

I have never read such SHITE (apart from Withdean Wanker & The Complete Todger obviously).

Tommy & Adam couldn't see another option available to them, so decided to keep the ball. Apparently that's a "f***ing disgrace". :dunce::dunce::dunce:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I have never read such SHITE (apart from Withdean Wanker & The Complete Todger obviously).

Tommy & Adam couldn't see another option available to them, so decided to keep the ball. Apparently that's a "f***ing disgrace". :dunce::dunce::dunce:

They weren't even being threatened by a Tranmere player. That's how pathetic it was.

Read the comments from the guy behind the dugout. That block were equally unimpressed it would appear.

Maybe you had to be there :shrug:

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Maybe you had to be there :shrug:

No, you didn't.

You didn't have to be there to realise you're being a twat. again.

Still, you'll probably come up with your self-righteous "the cognoscenti is always right" bollocks to back up your argument.

Elphick and El-Abd - outstanding again today, as they have been in the last few weeks. Clearly passing the ball around instead of hoofing it. And what's that now, 5 clean sheets in 6 or something ludicrous?

If you genuinely think moaning about them is justified today then you're a total prick. And yes, that's coming from me.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
No, you didn't.

You didn't have to be there to realise you're being a twat. again.

Still, you'll probably come up with your self-righteous "the cognoscenti is always right" bollocks to back up your argument.

Elphick and El-Abd - outstanding again today, as they have been in the last few weeks. Clearly passing the ball around instead of hoofing it. And what's that now, 5 clean sheets in 6 or something ludicrous?

If you genuinely think moaning about them is justified today then you're a total prick. And yes, that's coming from me.

Top post.

:thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Post when we're losing.
You only post when we're losing.

Probably had your traditional whiney thread pre-written so you could post it about a minute after we lost. Oh well. Save it for next time eh?

The cognoscenti see the weak points - and there's always weak points - even when we're winning. The stupid don't. What are we supposed to do? Not discuss the weak points so as not to offend all the dumbass big-faced bastards out there? ???

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Players are the players they are for various reasons. Dicker is the player he is, because he hasn't the natural pace to move any more than elegantly. Noticing this of himself, he strolls and roams in a number of places, but will rarely get into those one-on-one goalscoring positions as he can't sprint himself away from a centreback, and is aware that being there will limit his ability to get back and shore up the midfield on occasion. Instead of harearsing around, he found his strength to be elsewhere.

For me, as i've said before, he's everything i ever wanted to be as a player. That touch, that quick-thinking, that weight of pass, that surprising drop of the shoulder that grants him space, that cursory self-appraisal when something doesn't quite work, that endeavourousness, that non-gloryhuntingness.
I love the guy and hope no bigshot manager, or bored stalker, thinks of him as i do. Ace.

:lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Post when we're losing.
You only post when we're losing.

Probably had your traditional whiney thread pre-written so you could post it about a minute after we lost. Oh well. Save it for next time eh?

The cognoscenti see the weak points - and there's always weak points - even when we're winning. The stupid don't. What are we supposed to do? Not discuss the weak points so as not to offend all the dumbass big-faced bastards out there? ???

Right. We've just DICKED on a team, won 3 in a row, and I "only post when we're losing".

Er, hang on. That doesn't work does it?

Oh, you're having a go at me, and then arguing that we should ignore all the weaknesses in the team? Yeah, that makes sense, because of course you've never had a go at me for being unnecessarily negative, have you?

Prick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here