Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicker- True class

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Blimey. Our defenders retain possession until our midfield or full backs are in space and for that they are criticised. Not unbelievable sad to say - but blimey.

In any case - if there is a problem the team will sort it out. The first goal arose from Crofts coming back and helping the defence and springing the attack.

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
When Chelsea were doing this at the weekend the commentator described this as "Waiting for the cobra to strike". And silly as it may sound, I had been watching them pass the ball from side to side thinking "This is the kind of thing we have been seeing from the Albion". Waiting for the seagull to swoop?

PS Chatting to a chum of mine from Crowborough who supports Arsenal but who used to go to a lot of Albion games too. He hasn't been to Withdean since last season but he went on Saturday. He was eulogising - couldn't believe how good Albion looked. Now talking about season tickets and taking more lapsed supporters from the bad lands. This kind of football gets you promoted and brings the crowds back.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
jesus wept. Do you actually know anything about football? It only takes a small amount of footballing knowledge to see the rest of the teams movement while this is going on is dragging opposition out of their positions. Staying patient until the right ball is on is what it is about.

After years of hoofing at any opportunity i can't actually believe someone is moaning about us passing the ball. The defence as a whole were superb today, end of.

this

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
At one point THPP was screaming blue murder at Elphick & El-Abd. The ball was in the Albion half and I swear the order of play went as follows:

Elphick to El Abd (parallel to the centre line, in the Albion half)
El Abd back to Elphick (still parallel to the centre line, istill n the Albion half)
Elphick back to El Abd (still parallel to the centre line, still in the Albion half)
El Abd back to Elphick (still parallel to the centre line, still in the Albion half)
Elphick back to the keeper.

One step up the evolutionary ladder from The Mighty Hoof, admittedly, but still a f***ing disgrace.

Brainless idiots the pair of them.

IMHO, like.
You're right in that this particular passage of play was a disgrace. But what was really disgraceful about it was the fact that Tranmere were already a goal down and they did NOTHING to try and stop it. None of their players moved out of their half. What were they doing - settling for a 1-0 defeat? As for fans moaning about it it, around our part of C block we were just laughing.

Oh, and if your moving up the 'evolutionary ladder' (or any ladder for that matter) it's always best to take one step at a time.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
At one point THPP was screaming blue murder at Elphick & El-Abd. The ball was in the Albion half and I swear the order of play went as follows:

Elphick to El Abd (parallel to the centre line, in the Albion half)
El Abd back to Elphick (still parallel to the centre line, istill n the Albion half)
Elphick back to El Abd (still parallel to the centre line, still in the Albion half)
El Abd back to Elphick (still parallel to the centre line, still in the Albion half)
Elphick back to the keeper.

One step up the evolutionary ladder from The Mighty Hoof, admittedly, but still a f***ing disgrace.

Brainless idiots the pair of them.

IMHO, like.

Well, it looks like Gus has told you to blow your impatience out of your hole.

Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Poyets Praise for Fans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here