Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Describe your AMEX neighbours

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
My dad to the right, and to the right of him a guy (maybe 50s) who moans a lot but is alright really. To the left of me two big guys about my age who seem pretty knowledgeable about what's happening in football but do seem to needlessly moan about our performances from time to time. Behind us old guys who are quite funny, but missing last night. No one in front as I'm front row of WSU.

My dad to the right, and to the right of him a guy (maybe 50s) who moans a lot but is alright really. To the left of me two big guys about my age who seem pretty knowledgeable about what's happening in football but do seem to needlessly moan about our performances from time to time. Behind us old guys who are quite funny, but missing last night. No one in front as I'm front row of WSU.

No gobbing or Inbetweeners style wedding balcony leaks please.

Itman-dan

Jul 19, 2011
To my right my mate. To my left 2 guys seemed nice and knowledgeable. Also we share a hatred of Gary Dicker and Ryan Harley so that was fun randomly blaming both for mistakes. In front empty seats and behind a family with a young child.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Where I sat last night (WSL)

6 empty seats behind me until a couple of lads came and sat down at half time who were at least willing to sing a bit.

Two rows back - a pissed bloke who started singing Lua Rua when Vicente got a free kick...>Was good entertainment.

In front 4 old farts who I thought were dead until one of them got up to go for a piss
To my left was a weird guy with his son and daughter who went at half time because they wanted to "beat the rush"...Couldn't make it up!

It was very quiet.

In the South Stand with my Under 11's team on Saturday and then back to sitting in WSU for the Wednesday game and can't wait...

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
In front of me is a dad and his Non interested kid, maybe 4-5 years old. Constantly turns round and does that annoying stare for no apparent reason. To my left is my mate who I go with. To the right another Dad/Kid combo, the kid a bit older and pays attention and sings now and again, the dad is mainly a mute but only pipes up when he believes the Ref is wrong. Behind me is mainly kids, between 8-16 ish who mainly tell Greer to shoot from his own 6 yard box, talk about FIFA, and shout really random stuff.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Always pot luck with a season ticket. Last year i was shit out of it in the North. The lad next to me had bad B O, got all the words wrong to all the songs all season long. He had thick skin though as every week people around him would tell to shut the f*** up... but there was no stopping him. I did feel a bit sorry for him but any pity i had soon stopped when albion scored and he'd wrap his stinking teenage arm around me.:annoyed:

I had to move.

So last night as i took to my seat in the upper east, my neighbour greeted me with a firm handshake, told me his name and we chatted about all things albion. A real breath of fresh air.

In front of me is a dad and his Non interested kid, maybe 4-5 years old. Constantly turns round and does that annoying stare for no apparent reason. To my left is my mate who I go with. To the right another Dad/Kid combo, the kid a bit older and pays attention and sings now and again, the dad is mainly a mute but only pipes up when he believes the Ref is wrong. Behind me is mainly kids, between 8-16 ish who mainly tell Greer to shoot from his own 6 yard box, talk about FIFA, and shout really random stuff.

You have my sympathy. What stand have you lucked out in? Remind me to avoid it!

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
Left - bloke who doesn't say a word, chant, or anything, just sits texting his bird all through the match.

Right - tall bloke, shouts "COME ON!" a lot, occasional enter into a bit of conversation/banter

Behind - family with young kid, dad is a bit of an annoying know it all/smart alec.

Front - nobody

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
To my Left: A dad and his young kid, very quiet, no singing but lots of clapping. Note to myself to introduce myself on Saturday.
To my right: My mate and my daughter
Infront: My two sons and my mates son
Behind: Not sure, old geezers I think!

New seat in ESU and it is FABULOUS!

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
To my left is a bloke who sang a bit. To my right is my brother and my dad. Behind me is a group of 3 blokes, all of them sang, one more then the others. And in front of me is a woman, a child and someone who I am guessing is her Dad. And they joined in with the odd "SEEEAAGGGULLLSSS" and "ALLLLBION, ALLLLLBION". I am happy with where I am.

Dec 29, 2011
Always pot luck with a season ticket. Last year i was shit out of it in the North. The lad next to me had bad B O, got all the words wrong to all the songs all season long. He had thick skin though as every week people around him would tell to shut the f*** up... but there was no stopping him. I did feel a bit sorry for him but any pity i had soon stopped when albion scored and he'd wrap his stinking teenage arm around me.:annoyed:

I had to move.

So last night as i took to my seat in the upper east, my neighbour greeted me with a firm handshake, told me his name and we chatted about all things albion. A real breath of fresh air.

Quite literally by the sounds of it.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
in front - no one
behind - no one
to my left no one
to my right Cardiff

I was in the south behind the goal and had a mint view mind :)

sure it will fill up and get lively when people realise you can buy seats online in south corner and then move behind the goal/ near away fans when in there

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
lovely. to the left, a geez and his son, the dad turned to me after chanting all billy no mates an said 'going solo'? and chuckled, as did I. Then the lady above him and another bloke laughed and said something like you can start us off then.

In front, another lad, and another dad, loud, proud and brilliant, they even do the 'you're shit' bit at the opposing goalie, which is quality.

The two blokes to the right, I am on name terms with, Graham and Steve. Both lovely gents, both a right laugh who sing and shout, and talk a lot about albion past and present, and Graham talks about hereford a lot too (he's from up that way). He also was eyeing up this yummy mummy along our row as well and was contemplating getting her number. :lolol: I told him to ask her on saturday.

Finally, behind, you guessed it, even more lovely people. Join in with the singing and chanting. The south stand, being small-ish and closer to the players, is perfect, because when the opposing team are defending that goal, you can give them all kinds of shtick and everybody laughs. When Kuszczak comes to defend that goal, we all shout and wave at him. That double save was brilliant.

I love my new home from home, from home.

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
Left/right- sandwiched between mates (gladly the moaning old wanker who only shouts and moans about the team agreed to switch places with)
In-front- Wasn't usual sth's but seemed to get behind the team and enjoyed them selves
Behind- A very passionate teenager with his sister but one problem encountered was that when he gets exited I seem to get showered in his Flem which was a shock to my neck and hair :sick: :sick:

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
To my right, my brother and dad, in front of me, four friends we sit with.

To my left, two legendary blokes who seem to know everybody and people are constantly calling them to say hello, they are great fun tho. Further down the row are people we always say hello and a few words about the game. Not sure who they are behind us, fairly quiet but one of them stinks..........last night I think he had wet himself........

Absolutely delighted the same crew are there as last season.........except the smelly bloke........

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Left - bloke who doesn't say a word, chant, or anything, just sits texting his bird all through the match.

Right - tall bloke, shouts "COME ON!" a lot, occasional enter into a bit of conversation/banter

Behind - family with young kid, dad is a bit of an annoying know it all/smart alec.

Front - nobody

Love the Left. you get all sorts at footy don't you. This is one of the best threads I've seen on here for AGES

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011

I had to move.

You weren't by chance in N1A last season were you with said stinking teenager accompanied by his equally rancid father?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here