Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby land James Wilson

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Surely someone who scores goals would help with the.....well...."not scoring" issue.

That was why I suggested him as a short term fix in January. As it happened we scored more goals in the latter part of the season. I just get annoyed that people keep suggesting this as me thinking it is the total answer now which I dont and have never suggested it as such.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Someone said earlier, we don't want more than one loan striker, and I would agree.

So, if we had the choice of loaning in Murray or Wilson who would you go for?

Me, I'm happy with Muzza .....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wrong. Always tried even when obviously under the weather. I'd have had him back as he is going to be a top player. Mourinho knows it too.

Where was the evidence that he "always tried" ? For the most part I saw a player just going through the motions, his workrate was almost non-existent. And I'm bored of this "under the weather" bollocks. Other than showing us his breakfast against Wolves, there was no evidence of him suffering from some mysterious debilitating virus, and nothing was ever said to that effect. He just couldn't be arsed, which is why Hughton binned him off to the bench and played Baldock instead.

And if you honestly think Mourinho is a manager who looks towards youth, then you haven't been following football for very long. He won't get a look-in at Old Trafford, fact.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Other than his goal against Charlton I believe, he did very little to impress me. I always thought he was a little boring and I didn't see this effort that some claim he put in.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Where was the evidence that he "always tried" ? For the most part I saw a player just going through the motions, his workrate was almost non-existent. And I'm bored of this "under the weather" bollocks. Other than showing us his breakfast against Wolves, there was no evidence of him suffering from some mysterious debilitating virus, and nothing was ever said to that effect. He just couldn't be arsed, which is why Hughton binned him off to the bench and played Baldock instead.

And if you honestly think Mourinho is a manager who looks towards youth, then you haven't been following football for very long. He won't get a look-in at Old Trafford, fact.

Strong words but very accurate assessment

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Wrong. Always tried even when obviously under the weather. I'd have had him back as he is going to be a top player. Mourinho knows it too.

Always tried? HAHAHAH. Bollocks.

1-1 with 15 minutes to go v Boro and he was still wandering around aimlessly because he did not give a shit. He won't improve Derby and he isn't playing for us. Win-Win.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia

i was going to reply myself but you hit the nail on the head there

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
After the first couple of games I liked him, really thought he would add something.

Then all the United attackers got injured, and he was left out on loan while Rashford came into the squad and Will Keane came back from his loan. I haven't checked the exact dates but after that he seemed to go down hill. No surprise really for the kid, he impressed in his first few matches, had previously impressed for United but didn't get a look in up there.

You can't blame him for having a 'what's the point?' attitude when playing well didn't get him the recall. It was crap from us, and a little petulant from him, but he is young and footballers by definition are immature.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
When We first got Wilson he looked like an absolute genius. Clearly an intelligent and VERY gifted young man he then went on to look lacklustre and, despite some genuinely classy moments, he was too anonymous for long spells.

I will be very interested to see what Derby do with him from here. The potential is high and I fully expect him to do well in the PL when Jose moves him on in favour of some other OAP or ten.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When We first got Wilson he looked like an absolute genius. Clearly an intelligent and VERY gifted young man he then went on to look lacklustre and, despite some genuinely classy moments, he was too anonymous for long spells.

I will be very interested to see what Derby do with him from here. The potential is high and I fully expect him to do well in the PL when Jose moves him on in favour of some other OAP or ten.

If Will Hughes can't get 90 mins in a Pearson team I can't see Wilson getting much time if he is as disinterested as he was in an Albion shirt.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

See it so many times with loan players. Abdul Razak looked an absolute class apart in his first couple of games, then...nothing. Bradley Johnson started off like a house on fire scoring goals and running the midfield, then became totally anonymous. Maybe they go all-out to make a good early impression, then get bored, lose motivation and just go through the motions.

The trouble is, if that happens under the new loan system, you are LUMBERED with them for the whole bloody season.

theboybilly

1-1 with 15 minutes to go v Boro and he was still wandering around aimlessly because he did not give a shit. He won't improve Derby and he isn't playing for us. Win-Win.

Didn't give a shit? Really? We were down to ten men against Boro and, although I thought we were doing very well in midfield, there wasn't much service to anyone up front. Anybody in his position would have relished the chance to go down in a club's history by being the one that scored the goal that got them promoted but he didn't get any service around the box - in fact he spent a lot of time tracking back! But you'll no doubt disagree but I saw every game he played for us and saw enough to think he was worth bringing back. As for Mourinho he has plenty of options in attack now and has decided to sell quite a number of players. Thus far Wilson isn't one of them so he must feel another loan to a team that will present a decent challenge will do him good. I don't remember him wandering aimlessly around in the last minutes v Derby

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here