Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby County vs Brighton and Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
only saving grace from today was the other results were not too bad. Top 3 well away from us now though

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I haven't seen a single mention of Jake "The Invisible Man" Forster Caskey. He was out there, as per BBC....

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Both Ulloa and Obika looked a complete waste of space today but since they are now our only fit strikers I suppose we should just be grateful to the club to have them. Why couldn't we have deferred Barnes' transfer until we had a replacement signed up? Too sensible an idea I guess? Were we really that desperate for £750K?

Should have done more to keep him if we don't have the money for someone much better.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We didnt have the best of sides out today, stop wetting the bed bed wetters.

We can't keep using that as a excuse . Back four - best we have .. midfield - Bridcutt doesn't count, Lua Lua i'll give you, Buckley off form all season , up front Ulloa best we have.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
And during that 11 mins he looked totally uninterested.

He had no service and wasn't given enough time to really have an impact on the game. Ulloa DID look uninterested for most of the game but to say the same about Obika after only 11 minutes on the pitch is a tad harsh in my opinion

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
No steel in the team.
Derby players sprinted to the ball and snapped into challenges and onto the loose ball.
Albion players are content to jog around a bit like a smooth Arsenal but with far less talent.
It was almost like watching an England game against someone like Croatia.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Don't blame the manager today, no pace available and Bridcutt not wanting to play? We need attacking additions quickly though.

If Bridcutt really didn't want to play today, he should bloody well not be paid by the club. Who the hell does he think he is?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
A complete black hole, that, except for a lottery-ticket goal, and the teams involved sit 4th and 6th in the table, suggests visits from the fraud squad all around... Trade Descriptions Act, and all that.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Watching by stream Andrews looked very poor kept kicking the ball out of play and let the player run away from him on the half way line that then led to the goal.Missed Crofts. Obika definitely doesn't look up to championship standard, at least Lita looked as if he gave us something different, for big lad he looks powderpuff. David is a luxury away from home. On the plus side Orlandi looked good and Ulloa looked a bit fitter than in the last game. Bruno getting back to his best, defence looked solid. We definitely need another striker if CMS isn't ready by the end of the month. We must take 3 points in the next two away games. Would have settled for three draws out of these games so all is not lost.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
He had no service and wasn't given enough time to really have an impact on the game. Ulloa DID look uninterested for most of the game but to say the same about Obika after only 11 minutes on the pitch is a tad harsh in my opinion

On reflection, you're probably right. :)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Uninterested is a lazy description and usually innaccurate.

If they we slow and shit just say it, or they were making the wrong runs or they were hiding from the ball or they weren't quite putting 100% effort in.

Why does nobody ever say a player looks "interested" if they have a good game :shrug:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
he did have one reasonable chance to take with his head but he decided to try some chesting business...

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Not normally one for over reacting but I have concerns over the transfer policy at the club in this window. I struggle to understand why you would let Barnes go when you only have a coming back to fitness Ulloa and an untested loan option. Why not wait until you are ready rather than having to react as we have, after all we were in control of the transfer. Target number one has turned us down and we are now once again trying to find a replacement as we are now for el-abd. We do appear to make things difficult for ourselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here