Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby and Fulham bid for Dunk [+ Newcastle now interested]

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Why does it matter who we sell him to as long as they pay a million or 2 over the odds? Dunk is a good Championship defender, nothing more. He's certainly not irreplaceable.

He is not replaceable with the money we will sell him for,bearing in mind we never replaced Murray and we still have not replaced Ulloa

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If a player has ambitions that cannot be fulfilled with the Albion he has every right to move on, as we all do .It worked for Glenn,Elphick and Cookie why not Dunk

Only once his contract has expired does he have ANY right to move on.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Good work by the Agent to inform Sky of the bids, that will out the Premiership Clubs who have been monitoring.
Dunk has been monitored by Bournemouth for very long time and he fits into their transfer policy.
We have had our moment of glory by saying "not for sale" but the club has always said that is not our policy.
Every player has a price. Just a case of when not if now....Dunk out, Perch In...?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He is not replaceable with the money we will sell him for,bearing in mind we never replaced Murray and we still have not replaced Ulloa

How do you know what we'll sell for? Since Barber has been around, we've negiotiated very good fees for all players sold. It's not his fault that the recruitment team have been mainly crap at their job - with the purchase of Kayal being the notable exception.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Good work by the Agent to inform Sky of the bids, that will out the Premiership Clubs who have been monitoring.
Dunk has been monitored by Bournemouth for very long time and he fits into their transfer policy.
We have had our moment of glory by saying "not for sale" but the club has always said that is not our policy.
Every player has a price. Just a case of when not if now....Dunk out, Perch In...?

Its unlike us to sell a player to Bournemouth.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
How do you know what we'll sell for? Since Barber has been around, we've negiotiated very good fees for all players sold. It's not his fault that the recruitment team have been mainly crap at their job - with the purchase of Kayal being the notable exception.

Most good players are at clubs with ambition,they stay where they are for good wages and the ambition of promotion therefore the club can demand high transfer fees,our wage structure is low and the club have proven over the last few years that they lack ambition, our players have to move on to further their careers.Tony seems to be building an Empire with the hotel coming next, where is the focus on promotion .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We recently paid only 300K for a far better player than Dunk.

Because of his age I think that we could possibly get a maximum £1m for him but to read people on here talking of £3m + .Not so sure Kayal is worth that much more as different position and also has a record of injuries.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously Fulham and Derby rate him. However, I cannot think of an adequate replacment other than Bassong of Norwich if they dont go up and he woukd cost more than we woukd receive, I would think.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Obviously Fulham and Derby rate him. However, I cannot think of an adequate replacment other than Bassong of Norwich if they dont go up and he woukd cost more than we woukd receive, I would think.

Thankfully, you're not in the club recruitment team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here