Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby and Fulham bid for Dunk [+ Newcastle now interested]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If only Barber's subsequent policy was "... but we will reinvest every penny back into the playing squad".
I wasn't aware that was Mr Barber's decision to make.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Perhaps we could try something radically different for once - see who we get in first, and then look round he squad to see who we might be OK to sell?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Apologies if fixtures but SSN reporting we have turned down bids from Derby and Fulham for Dunk

One would hope that we would not have done so given a) the options quoted and b) the forlorn hope that BHAFC could properly manage the contracts of aspiring players thus not giving them away for peanuts as in certain other recent cases.

Anything else tends to suggest a total lack of ambition but, Oh hang on !

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not really. It could mean that we think that the money he could attract from other clubs could be spent better elsewhere.

yeah, like a replacement CB. oh.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Wheel sell

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
£10M for Dunky ? , he's worth at least £20M :lolol:
Yeah right. Dunk is the best defensive prospect in England for 30 years. He'll be better than Rio, and Rio went for about £30m 13 years ago, so if Dunk goes for anything under £35m we've been mugged.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He will be when he asks to leave.which is "The Barber get out" when we do sell.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out, the rumour wagon is gathering pace.
Because keeping players who wanted out has worked really well for the club, recently.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
According to Paul Barber when a player wants to leave we then get the best deal for the club.

Every player is for sale. For a price.

If a player has ambitions that cannot be fulfilled with the Albion he has every right to move on, as we all do .It worked for Glenn,Elphick and Cookie why not Dunk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Because keeping players who wanted out has worked really well for the club, recently.

Have we kept any then? I thought we'd made lots of money selling them? I think the club are probably quite pleased with the money received.

It's certainly worked out well on the pitch though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have we kept any then? I thought we'd made lots of money selling them? I think the club are probably quite pleased with the money received.

It's certainly worked out well on the pitch though.
Both Bridcutt and Buckley were kept for longer than either of them wanted to be here.
The consequence of which was both of them doing feck all for 6 months.

But you knew that already.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
K
Both Bridcutt and Buckley were kept for longer than either of them wanted to be here.

I think you'll find they've done feck all since they left too :lolol:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Derby and Fulham bid for Dunk

Tbh they've done **** all since they left too.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
The question should be then - why are we unable to keep players happy here?

We managed to keep Bobby Zamora here for an extra season, with Premier League interest - despite playing at a joke of a ground and paying him a pittance.

Now we have a state of the art stadium, paying decent wages, in a Premier League ready stadium - yet this isn't enough to keep players interested - why is this?

Because our decent wages are not as DECENT as other teams. This is football, Wonga rules!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yeah right. Dunk is the best defensive prospect in England for 30 years. He'll be better than Rio, and Rio went for about £30m 13 years ago, so if Dunk goes for anything under £35m we've been mugged.

The Nigels "big up" their players to mug off the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson so why can't we ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
K

I think you'll find they've done feck all since they left too :lolol:
Shirley that means Barber Out should be applauded for getting so much money for them.

The question should be then - why are we unable to keep players happy here?

We managed to keep Bobby Zamora here for an extra season, with Premier League interest - despite playing at a joke of a ground and paying him a pittance.

Now we have a state of the art training ground, paying decent wages, in a Premier League ready stadium - yet this isn't enough to keep players interested - why is this?

Zamora knew he wasn't quite PLR and was happy to stay another season,he was confident of his own talent and ability and that the promised land would wait.
The good players that want out now realise that the Albion has no real rush to get to the prem,a players career is short and they want to get there sooner than we ever will.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Why does it matter who we sell him to as long as they pay a million or 2 over the odds? Dunk is a good Championship defender, nothing more. He's certainly not irreplaceable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here