Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dembele on the way

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The fee is not to low considering the standard of the league he's beien playing in. If Celtic had our Antony the fans would be demanding £50m for him it's a relevant fee in my view and maybe a little to high.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
If nothing else there's some right moody pissed off jocks on Kerrydale Street forum. [emoji23]
Yeah, I had a chuckle at some of the comments on there too. Some are baffled as to why anyone would consider BHA as a serious move. Thats rich coming from supporters of a club that would have their work cut out in the Championship. The SPL is a joke.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yeah, I had a chuckle at some of the comments on there too. Some are baffled as to why anyone would consider BHA as a serious move. Thats rich coming from supporters of a club that would have their work cut out in the Championship. The SPL is a joke.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The fee is not to low considering the standard of the league he's beien playing in. If Celtic had our Antony the fans would be demanding £50m for him it's a relevant fee in my view and maybe a little to high.

He came from Fulham ffs, we'd not be raving quite so much if he was at Stoke and we'd stuck in a bid. He plays for a club that can do nothing, does nothing and will forever be a nothing on the world football stage. 18 mill sounds about right because he will never score freefall in the Prem and we'd be taking a huge gamble. He's in the equivalent of L1, possibly L2 right now.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Much as I'd love this to be true and happening, one or two things about the initial news didn't sound right.

Firstly, the fee seemed too low.

Secondly, if a fee had been agreed, Celtic wouldn't be hotly disputing the story.

Thirdly, the Argus can barely get barely get even a dull story out of the club that isn't passed to them these days, Barber has got it all sewn up tighter than the proverbial gnat's chuff. So it would have been a surprise if this one had come from Brighton (it clearly wasn't Celtic).

Fourthly, and following on from three, this story made public - ie fee agreed, but not done and signed - is the last way to conduct business. It invites a hijack bid. I'm not always Barber's biggest fan, but I genuinely would be shocked if he did business this way. Only announce when it's properly done, unless your hand is forced.

All these things made me think some sort of gun had been jumped, but if we do get there eventually for anything up to £25m I'd be happy.
could be a couple of players in part exchange as well as a fee

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
My instinct tells me that this won’t happen however very impressed that this is the level we are looking at, young but experienced with a great goal record even if it is in a joke league. We will break the bank this window, to get the right striker/s in.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Has now been rubbished by Celtic and apparently Sky have withdrawn their original story.

This is one we could well have done without !

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

He will always be an 'opinion signing' in terms of the fee - but I have a very different opinion of the player. He played very well for Fulham at a very young age. I was amazed no Premier League club bought him at that time.

The SPL is poor, but he has had a great if short experience of playing in front of 60,000 at Celtic, winning medals and playing in the Champions League. And now, still at a young age, he wants to go to the better league, almost certainly more ready than he was.

Just because you play in a poor league, it doesn't mean you are a poor player. You could be great, but in the wrong place. The scouting and judgement just has to be better given the element of doubt.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
If the SPL is so rubbish in the opinion of many on here why are we happy to sign a player for £18 million from such a poor league?
He was good at Fulham playing in a higher standard.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
If the SPL is so rubbish in the opinion of many on here why are we happy to sign a player for £18 million from such a poor league?
He was good at Fulham playing in a higher standard.

Because he’s a name people have heard of. And £18m for a striker in the Premier League really is nothing in the current market.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Tottenham were interested in signing him when he went to Celtic. Something to do with a different FA meant Celtic could pay a lump sum to the player and agent which got the deal through. He has scored goals as well in the champions league for a relatively poor team, notably 2 goals in the 3-3 draw last season against Man City.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He came from Fulham ffs, we'd not be raving quite so much if he was at Stoke and we'd stuck in a bid. He plays for a club that can do nothing, does nothing and will forever be a nothing on the world football stage. 18 mill sounds about right because he will never score freefall in the Prem and we'd be taking a huge gamble. He's in the equivalent of L1, possibly L2 right now.
Pity we didn't get him 18 months(?) ago, direct from Fulham - would have saved us millions!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
With Winstanley close to landing Joe Gomez and Danny Ings too, what a great window.

Luckily transfer gazumping and changing of minds are outlawed, so it's in the bag.

He maybe just 20,but J/G wasn't eye catching for the right reasons against The Gooners let's be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here