Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dembele on the way

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They are a joke.

The seasons ambition is to get to the group stage of the CL.

Sussex should declare independence, set up a FA and league, play against the likes of Eastbourne Borough, Lewes, Crawley, Hastings and win it every season, thus getting a CL place and we'd be brilliant, just like Celtic.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sussex should declare independence, set up a FA and league, play against the likes of Eastbourne Borough, Lewes, Crawley, Hastings and win it every season, thus getting a CL place and we'd be brilliant, just like Celtic.

They are so thick they can’t see binning off Rangers was not a good thing.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Mind you, Eastbourne Borough are probably better than Aberdeen or Hearts, so we may only beat them 4-0, close game.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Only going to pretend u read up u till 11 am this morning. Dembele!! Bring it on......more JD please. Cracking news

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
After removing the story, Sky have now uploaded a new story to say we're in talks to sign Dembele, but no bid accepted at this stage

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ghton-hold-talks-over-moussa-dembele-transfer

I’m sticking with @Bozza’s post (#97):

“no bid or approach made.

To counter any future trolls: at this point in time no approach nor bid has been made. If something happens in the future it won't mean that an approach was made on or before today.”

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I've had 2 family members come up to me and bring me news how we've signed a player from Celtic, as they saw it on SSN.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Are we likely to be bidding for strikers? Yeah, I bloody hope so
Is this true? I'm sure we're interested, he's better than what we have, but we'd insist on secrecy as part of the negotiations otherwise we'd get gazumped in all likelihood.

In short, Fake News

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
He’s on holiday in the Canaries, it’s happening !!
44a9bea2731fe9279783f7a3fe9a3d1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Much as I'd love this to be true and happening, one or two things about the initial news didn't sound right.

Firstly, the fee seemed too low.

Secondly, if a fee had been agreed, Celtic wouldn't be hotly disputing the story.

Thirdly, the Argus can barely get barely get even a dull story out of the club that isn't passed to them these days, Barber has got it all sewn up tighter than the proverbial gnat's chuff. So it would have been a surprise if this one had come from Brighton (it clearly wasn't Celtic).

Fourthly, and following on from three, this story made public - ie fee agreed, but not done and signed - is the last way to conduct business. It invites a hijack bid. I'm not always Barber's biggest fan, but I genuinely would be shocked if he did business this way. Only announce when it's properly done, unless your hand is forced.

All these things made me think some sort of gun had been jumped, but if we do get there eventually for anything up to £25m I'd be happy.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Much as I'd love this to be true and happening, one or two things about the initial news didn't sound right.

Firstly, the fee seemed too low.

Secondly, if a fee had been agreed, Celtic wouldn't be hotly disputing the story.

Thirdly, the Argus can barely get barely get even a dull story out of the club that isn't passed to them these days, Barber has got it all sewn up tighter than the proverbial gnat's chuff. So it would have been a surprise if this one had come from Brighton (it clearly wasn't Celtic).

Fourthly, and following on from three, this story made public - ie fee agreed, but not done and signed - is the last way to conduct business. It invites a hijack bid. I'm not always Barber's biggest fan, but I genuinely would be shocked if he did business this way. Only announce when it's properly done, unless your hand is forced.

All these things made me think some sort of gun had been jumped, but if we do get there eventually for anything up to £25m I'd be happy.

Think you'll find it was Sky digging their noses into the trough, nothing to do with the two clubs. They probably read NSC and thought they'd have a sniff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here