Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] December and January TV changes

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
For me that will be the second year in a row I will miss a Festive home game because of greedy TV companies.

Arsenal fans must be livid.

The Prem needs to be careful here. Inconsiderate scheduling, transport chaos, ingrained VAR shit, easy access to streaming and cost of living crisis are newer factor that will make many people consider binning the whole thing off, me included.
I disagree. Look at season tickets this season, from last any left but more replaced them its a revolving door. In any case it'll just mean more watch football on TV. For a sizeable percentage i believe the future will be watching div 1, div 2 and/or non-league in person and PL becoming a TV thing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I disagree. Look at season tickets this season, from last any left but more replaced them its a revolving door. In any case it'll just mean more watch football on TV. For a sizeable percentage i believe the future will be watching div 1, div 2 and/or non-league in person and PL becoming a TV thing.
The deadline for renewing for the 22/23 season 7th March. Back then the bank interest rate was 0.5%, inflation was 5.5% and Putin hadn't shut off the power. Not only that but we were playing great football and winning matches. I think a lot has changed in the last 7 months.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
3pm would have been doable for us but no chance I’m spending NYE evening at football match

Exchange it is and it won’t sell

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
3pm would have been doable for us but no chance I’m spending NYE evening at football match

Exchange it is and it won’t sell
much the same position. we've planned to have people round new years eve, I'd already promised that I'd go to the game if it was 3pm kick off or earlier, any later and I'd swerve it

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Certainly the worst KO time of that game week for me, but sure others will enjoy it.

Wonder if staff at the Amex and travel partners are 'forced' to work

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Certainly the worst KO time of that game week for me, but sure others will enjoy it.

Wonder if staff at the Amex and travel partners are 'forced' to work
The catering staff are all on zero hours contracts and “bid” to work the shifts. Seeing as they’re mainly students I would imagine most will be back home for the Christmas break or out getting smashed if not.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The catering staff are all on zero hours contracts and “bid” to work the shifts. Seeing as they’re mainly students I would imagine most will be back home for the Christmas break or out getting smashed if not.
17:30, the students will still be under their duvets at that time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My money is on them back home, with a term's worth of laundry.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Getting fed up now. Barely going to make a single home game this year it feels like. Saturday 3pms are pretty much the only ones I can do atm.

Would've gone to Palace but it was cancelled for a bloody train strike that never happened.
Chelsea the next option but I'm up with the bloody in-laws for half term with the kids, aren't I?
Next one Arsenal - nope, been moved. It's so boring.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Getting fed up now. Barely going to make a single home game this year it feels like. Saturday 3pms are pretty much the only ones I can do atm.

Would've gone to Palace but it was cancelled for a bloody train strike that never happened.
Chelsea the next option but I'm up with the bloody in-laws for half term with the kids, aren't I?
Sadly the life of a premier league fan and has been for some time now

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

You can hardly blame the 2nd one on anything.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So I have the choice of wrapping up and battling my arse over to the Amex and back on the evening of NYE, courtesy of whatever shitstorm SASTA decide to inflict on us, eventually getting back to Portslade f-knows when.

Or I can pop down the local for the game. Then come home to recline on my sofa with the Twiglets and Cheeselets, the beer and the brandy, digest the frustrating 0-2 defeat, and already be EXACTLY where I want to be that night. With a curry on the way. And a medly of 80s classics on Alexa to see the New Year in.

Hmmm. Really tough choice, that.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
So I have the choice of wrapping up and battling my arse over to the Amex and back on the evening of NYE, courtesy of whatever shitstorm SASTA decide to inflict on us, eventually getting back to Portslade f-knows when.

Or I can pop down the local for the game. Then come home to recline on my sofa with the Twiglets and Cheeselets, the beer and the brandy, digest the frustrating 0-2 defeat, and already be EXACTLY where I want to be that night. With a curry on the way. And a medly of 80s classics on Alexa to see the New Year in.

Hmmm. Really tough choice, that.
F**k me you've only got to get back to Portslade, try getting back to Hampshire! I'll be there btw, as crap a kick off time as it is.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
F**k me you've only got to get back to Portslade, try getting back to Hampshire! I'll be there btw, as crap a kick off time as it is.
Via public transport, or under your own steam ? I appreciate its a long drive, but at least you are in a comfortable environment and largely in conrol of your destiny.

That is most certainly NOT the case if you are lumbered with the clown college of SASTA for occasions such as these.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Via public transport, or under your own steam ? I appreciate its a long drive, but at least you are in a comfortable environment and largely in conrol of your destiny.

That is most certainly NOT the case if you are lumbered with the clown college of SASTA for occasions such as these.
We will drive admittedly but you've only got 7 miles to get there and back!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here