[Albion] December and January TV changes

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So the matches for 14th (h v Liverpool) and 21st (A v Leicester) are still waiting for the TV picks
The guide date for these games is now two weeks ago. Why do they bother releasing these guide dates?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Have read in the past how easy the Amex is to broadcast from, essentially plug and play.

Two late Xmas season games makes you wonder if the production staff are keen for a quick getaway

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
The guide date for these games is now two weeks ago. Why do they bother releasing these guide dates?
This is what annoys me. I’ve been keeping an eye on the tv schedules for the last couple of weeks so I can plan my Xmas and New Year. The Xmas fixtures are always late so why don’t they just say they will release them today and at least pretend they give a shit about fans.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So the matches for 14th (h v Liverpool) and 21st (A v Leicester) are still waiting for the TV picks
Where did you read this? If true they will be over two weeks after the guide date.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Looks like trains have engineering works and I believe they usually stop early but hopefully not before majority of fans can get home. Double celebration: I suggest most fans home 2 hours after match ends say 9.30pm and still time to get the beers in for Midnight? Yeah timing aint great. Personally I surprised there are any games NYE.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Don’t NYE trains usually run later than normal, especially to and from London, as they get the revellers home?

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
I’m not going to a football game at 5:30 on NYE.

I’d rather see the stadium empty as a big ‘f*** you’ to Sky.
The bar staff don’t get extra for NYE because it is not a Sunday or bank holiday so I don’t think you’ll be the only one giving it a swerve

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
5.30 pm on NYE sounds like a nightmare for travel. Trains normal end very early, so hopefully additional park and ride put on.

Probably similar size crowd to Boxing day last year.

They really do have us 'customers' at the heart of all their decisions, don't they?!
I very much doubt any extra park n ride like Spurs willbe on offer. Try getting staff to work 5.30pm NYE

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Don’t NYE trains usually run later than normal, especially to and from London, as they get the revellers home?
I think you may be right there. It would be madness if they were to stop trains early to and from London, esp as it's the 1st time for fireworks in London post Covid restrictions.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For me that will be the second year in a row I will miss a Festive home game because of greedy TV companies.

Arsenal fans must be livid.

The Prem needs to be careful here. Inconsiderate scheduling, transport chaos, ingrained VAR shit, easy access to streaming and cost of living crisis are newer factor that will make many people consider binning the whole thing off, me included.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Looks like trains have engineering works and I believe they usually stop early but hopefully not before majority of fans can get home. Double celebration: I suggest most fans home 2 hours after match ends say 9.30pm and still time to get the beers in for Midnight? Yeah timing aint great. Personally I surprised there are any games NYE.
They don't usually stop early. Only on Christmas Eve.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If they can do Boxing Day at 8pm, then NYE at 5.30pm is nothing really. It won’t be empty either, no one will be able to afford to go out partying this year…

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For me that will be the second year in a row I will miss a Festive home game because of greedy TV companies.

Arsenal fans must be livid.

The Prem needs to be careful here. Inconsiderate scheduling, transport chaos, ingrained VAR shit, easy access to streaming and cost of living crisis are newer factor that will make many people consider binning the whole thing off, me included.
Already binned our off. Me and Bold Jnr are stadium nomads, trying different stands and seats, picking games. It’s been fun so far - but part of the reason was the scheduling and missing games such as Villa at home 2pm Sun will probably clash with his football, then the whole festive period too being ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports