Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Southampton...

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Just opened another bottle of red wine. Never seen such football in all my years. Can't wait for Southampton to visit, 7-0 easy :laugh:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The fact that there are so many threads that involve the word 'Southampton' is more worrying if you ask me.

If people actually bothered to read what they had to say instead of calling them arrogant at the first opportunity, OR indeed trying to insinuate that we are in any way rivals, then there would be no need for it. In the words of John Lennon, give peace a chance.

We are rivals.

We are rivals for promotion out of this division. It may be a brief, transient rivalry but for the next few months we are rivals.

I'm not sure many are taking it that seriously though, and rightly so. As I've made very clear on several threads I have rated Southampton to finish above us and I still probably do. But I'd take that if it still means we get Championship football at the Amex in 7 months time.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
The fact that there are so many threads that involve the word 'Southampton' is more worrying if you ask me.
If people actually bothered to read what they had to say instead of calling them arrogant at the first opportunity, OR indeed trying to insinuate that we are in any way rivals, then there would be no need for it. In the words of John Lennon, give peace a chance.

pea_bridge-1024x555.jpg

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
We are rivals.

We are rivals for promotion out of this division. It may be a brief, transient rivalry but for the next few months we are rivals.

I'm not sure many are taking it that seriously though, and rightly so. As I've made very clear on several threads I have rated Southampton to finish above us and I still probably do. But I'd take that if it still means we get Championship football at the Amex in 7 months time.

Oh, without a doubt we're 'promotion rivals' but seems to me that a lot of our fans see it as a way more personal issue than that. The feeling, as far as I can tell, is not reciprocated.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Just on the subject of graffiti, does anybody remember seeing the name DAVE sprayed on the sides of buildings etc., from trains and the like?

That was a good mate of mine. Brian was his name IIRC :smile:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here