Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Jones

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Who is this someone you are talking of? From what I can make out you would be happy with the tea lady over Jones.
Is she Welsh? Is she from Yeovil?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Who is this someone you are talking of? From what I can make out you would be happy with the tea lady over Jones.
You telling me we have nobody who can spur the players on for a couple of games or so?
Jones is part of the management team and often when managers are sacked,so are the assistants.

Don't we have other coaches at the club?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Temporary player manager...Christ it's only for a while grrrr

So you want a player that has never coached, let alone manage, take us through the christmas period, WHILE concentrating on playing at RB? Amazing.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So you want a player that has never coached, let alone manage, take us through the christmas period, WHILE concentrating on playing at RB? Amazing.

I can see Calde going to the training ground early and getting all the cones and balls from the storeroom, then setup the training sessions, pick the team, then have to be animated from the dugout shouting at players on matchday whilst playing at RB.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Jones will never fit in with many albion fans and to be frank there is no reason for him to still be in a job here at this moment in time.

'Many', care to quantify that. Bar a few over emotional people about something that happened a number of years ago, I've not met anyone that seems to have the dislike you do of him.
Good, well respected, Coach who has done his coaching badges and did a hell of a lot last season for a team that finished in the play offs.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
So if I've read the opening post correctly, the fear is that Jones will spur the team on to win two games on the bounce and then, possibly, get the job full time? I don't think I'd personally mind this, I lack the hate for Jones that many seem to have and if he somehow gets the results out of the squad then why not?

Out of interest, for those that dislike Jones (for whatever reason), how many wins would he need to get as an interim boss for you to consider him a real applicant?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If Jones goes on to win the next three games on the bounce then he's about as qualified as anyone to get us out of our immediate sticky situation and that is we need someone who can deliver results fast and knows the ins and outs of our squad as well as our setup.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Whilst I respect the opinion of anybody on here, I imagine NJ has been kept around not just because they can't afford anyone else, but because he has a certain something in the coaching department. I wouldn't be too underwhelmed if he got the nod (even if he is Welsh)but it's never going to be an appointment that people will be unanimous over. Will we need to have the defibrillator on standby or a crow bar to help get his arms unfolded?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whilst I respect the opinion of anybody on here, I imagine NJ has been kept around not just because they can't afford anyone else, but because he has a certain something in the coaching department. I wouldn't be too underwhelmed if he got the nod (even if he is Welsh)but it's never going to be an appointment that people will be unanimous over. Will we need to have the defibrillator on standby or a crow bar to help get his arms unfolded?

Huh?
View attachment 61104
Nathan Jones.JPG-pwrt2.jpg

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
:lolol:

Every point we have dropped recently under Sami was greeted with howls of dismay, demands for his immediate departure and vitriol aimed at any of his perceived flaws. Now he has gone it seems a few on here would be willing to lose further points just to prevent the possible appointment of a man who their dislike for is every bit as petty as the act he committed about half a decade ago. Whatever the initial twattery was, he has returned and was part of the coaching team that secured a place in the play-offs with a squad weakened since the season before and ravaged by injuries over the course of the campaign. Let us not forget, Oscar Garcia, the man who despite the constant grumbling about him on here during his tenure is now held up as a good manager by the majority of the fanbase, wanted him to join his staff in Israel, he must have seen something in him. And to the passion brigade on here, has Nathan Jones showed anything but that on the touchline?!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Never fails to amaze me how many people have such a deep insight into Jones' coaching abilities and man management skills, despite never having spent one single second behind the scenes at the Albion.

I mean: I've no idea if he's any good or not, being a mere fan, but I don't feel remotely qualified to say "He's shit" or "He's brilliant". Hyypia may have proved himself to not be very good, being the figurehead of the regime, but I really don't think I could tell you how Jones performs, simply on the basis of Hyypia's showing.

I'd laugh my head off (partly due to the above, and partly because it's probably quite unlikely, statistically speaking) if the team went off on some brilliant run with Jones in charge.

Right, Nathan Jones... Everyone on here seems to have a tainted opinion of him since he got Joe Anyinsah sent off against Yeovil in what, 2008? He was part of a coaching team that got us into the top six last season and has held roles in and around this League for a good few years now. He knows where we have come from and you need to look no further for a coach with experience of this division. He is a terrific asset to the back room staff. If he wins three on the bounce then why should he not get the job? That would be better than what Hyppia has achieved all season.

Give the guy a chance for god sake and get fully behind the team. This is where us as fans become oh so very important. Doesn't matter who is at the helm, If we can lift the players confidence and build some momentum going into the new year we will be fine.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I'd laugh my head off (partly due to the above, and partly because it's probably quite unlikely, statistically speaking) if the team went off on some brilliant run with Jones in charge.

I would join you in that laughter, but of course, in reality I don't expect to be chuckling anytime soon.

I guess you don't need reminding the this season and last we have been inept in the final third (Ulloa apart of course), appalling at free kicks and corners....the common denominator...?.... Jones as senior coach below the manager.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I would join you in that laughter, but of course, in reality I don't expect to be chuckling anytime soon.

I guess you don't need reminding the this season and last we have been inept in the final third (Ulloa apart of course), appalling at free kicks and corners....the common denominator...?.... Jones as senior coach below the manager.

But...but...you could pick any number of things as the common denominator there, in order to suit a particular argument. The pitch. The coach (Ruben Martinez?). The captain. The strikers.

etc

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
But...but...you could pick any number of things as the common denominator there, in order to suit a particular argument. The pitch. The coach (Ruben Martinez?). The captain. The strikers.

etc
I pick Jones.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Until you see JFC and Gardner in the starting 11...

If JFC starts Boxing Day, then it's safe to assume it must be in his contract, that if fit he plays, as he is the face of the Amex. If this was the case, then Jones will probably get the job, as I can see anyone else working under such circumstances.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I pick Jones.

Clearly.

I'm not saying he's good. I'm not saying he's bad. I'm merely saying that I don't feel like I have enough insight to possibly judge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here