Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Jones

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We had a good manager, he left. Since then we have lost another good manager, who left and appointed an average one, who has now left.

Since he has arrived we have sold our best players and we are now sitting in the bottom three of the Championship. When he arrived we had a play off challenging squad, we now have a bottom three in the championship side.

He is the CEO, he has to take some responsibility for what has happened.

Before Paul Barber arrived, we spent what we wanted to. When he arrived, the budget was underpinned by Tony Bloom, the landscape of finances in football was completely different. Bloom was funding the squad that we had built, and he was funding the dream under Gus Poyet.

Then FFP was voted in, and we needed someone to come in and get our house in order. I'm not going to bother going back in time, but there were threads on NSC about the over-spending of pretty much every function of the club. The job of Paul Barber was never going to be a popular one. He had to start making the club run properly and professionally, and start doing all the things fans don't want to hear about. He had to grow revenue streams, reduce operational losses and generally cut the wastage around the club. Obviously that won't be popular with the fans, but he wasn't hired to be popular.

Do you disbelieve Tony Bloom when he says that the playing budget has increased year on year, or at least stayed the same?

Do you believe the club shouldn't be run professionally and we shouldn't be so concerned about being financially sustainable?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ we've all moaned about inexperienced managers or coaches as a yes man...Yet you have plonkers on here who are willing to give this Welsh tit a chance lol
Jones should have been sacked shortly after hyypia's resignation and now we're geared up for another YES man and incredibly Jones as assistant with the third coach on the trot.
This is what's wrong at the club at the moment as they just want YES people who will do as they're told and continuously keeping Jones on tells you all you need to know about what's going on.

Jones this season is part of how shite we're and his imput as assistant manager did absolutely nothing...Get rid

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
He was 2nd in command last season and we got to the play offs. As long as we do not get Sammy Lee.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He was 2nd in command last season and we got to the play offs. As long as we do not get Sammy Lee.
Not bloody interested in last season as this season we actually have a better squad and not loads of injury's.The fact is THIS season we have been abysmal and Jones is part of that...How many assistants do you know that stay at the club after the previous two managers has left?

It's just bloody ridiculous and tells you all you need to know about the whole set up at the club...Jones is continuously in a win win scenario as he keeps his job regardless of who comes and leaves.I find it mind boggling that he's untouchable and is clearly bumming someone at the club.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not bloody interested in last season as this season we actually have a better squad and not loads of injury's.The fact is THIS season we have been abysmal and Jones is part of that..How many assistants do you know that stay at the club after the previous two managers has left?

It's just bloody ridiculous and tells you all you need to know about the whole set up at the club...Jones is continuously in a win win scenario as he keeps his job regardless of who comes and leaves.I find it mind boggling that he's untouchable and is clearly bumming someone at the club.

Bob Booker survived several Albion managers.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yeah but we need midfielders who can score in the correct position...JFC won't score goals sadly regardless of playing higher up the pitch.

Amazing! He got goal of the season last year. He's scored for England U21s.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Scored a few last season and didn't play that many games. I'm sure he will score goals further up the pitch
He had 28 appearances last season in which is quiet a lot...This season he hasn't scored in 15 appearances :)
Guess you're happy for a midfielder to score 3 goals a season although that also counts for the rest of the crap we have in the midfield.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Not bloody interested in last season as this season we actually have a better squad and not loads of injury's.The fact is THIS season we have been abysmal and Jones is part of that...How many assistants do you know that stay at the club after the previous two managers has left?

Really? I thought that having a hate figure was a requirement of some fans as a form of stress release therapy. So in that regard Jones fits the job perfectly.

Stumpy Tim

He had 28 appearances last season in which is quiet a lot...This season he hasn't scored in 15 appearances :)
Guess you're happy for a midfielder to score 3 goals a season although that also counts for the rest of the crap we have in the midfield.

How many starts last season? This season he's been played in the most ridiculous midfield position I've ever seen - basically filling in at left back. God Sami is a tactical pillock

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Really? I thought that having a hate figure was a requirement of some fans as a form of stress release therapy. So in that regard Jones fits the job perfectly.
Jones will never fit in with many albion fans and to be frank there is no reason for him to still be in a job here at this moment in time.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
How many starts last season? This season he's been played in the most ridiculous midfield position I've ever seen - basically filling in at left back. God Sami is a tactical pillock
Not sure how many starts although he's to slow getting forward anyway and that's one of the big issues we have in midfield at the moment.Personally I think he's ridiculously overrated and is league one at best...just offers very little and has one or two good games a season.

Opinions opinions :)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
So the squad will manage themselves then ??? If that isn't a failure of logic I don't know what is.
I think you'll find someone else could manage for a couple of games...Jones is part of how bad THIS season has been,why continue in that way?
Just give it to caldy for two games?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think you'll find someone else could manage for a couple of games...Jones is part of how bad THIS season has been,why continue in that way?
Just give it to caldy for two games?

Give it to Calde, the only RB we have, now Bruno is suspended?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here