Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Jones

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Gus achieved all of that, and then Barber pissed him off so much he had to leave.

The club has gone backwards on the pitch ever since.

Not just your post but the hypocrisy on this thread is massive.

Some people posting that Jones should be given a chance whilst on other threads posting we need an experienced manager.

Moaning about Hyypia for not having any experience and then wanting Jones instead!

If Jones gets the job it will be because he is cheap and/or no me better wanted to come because we are bottom three, have a director of football making signings and/or we don't have a budget to compete.

1: How can Poyet be responsible for us getting into the playoffs last season?
2: Gus was sacked, he didn't resign.
3: Hyppia was experienced, he'd managed Leverkeusen.
4: Loads of clubs have directors of football.
5: Our budget isn't in the bottom three in this division by a long way. We've signed some duffers this season that's all.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
So Jones could take us on an unbeaten run, yet he should still also go ? What a stupid thing to say, if we get immediate results - then why not keep him ?

Yeah, Yeah

If Nathan was going to be our manager, and lets be honest here the board will have spoken about a new manager at their last meeting and the contingency plans concerning a possible requirement be it sacking or resignation then Nathan's name would have come up and there would be NO NEED for Tony to fly back from Australia to appoint him as permanent or caretaker manager.......

Therefore he is not on the radar, and the board clearly do not see him as having the potential.

But that is just my opinion and I have been wrong in the past...... (Its was a long time ago though)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• 00600328c2929d3b59a0b0887b70781e.jpg
    00600328c2929d3b59a0b0887b70781e.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 4769768096_47a22f2b2d_o.jpg
    4769768096_47a22f2b2d_o.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 83

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So you want a player that has never coached, let alone manage, take us through the christmas period, WHILE concentrating on playing at RB? Amazing.
You're forgetting one thing.
With Greer injured Calde is also captain.

Manager/first team coach/Captain/right back, we should appoint him club secretary and call ourselves The Red Lion. :lol:

Although had it not been for Bruno I can see a perverse logic in getting Mr A Player (at that point it has to be Calde, as we sold all our other candidates) to step up, and protect Jones from the firing line.

Getting rid of Sami isn't waving a magic wand and making everything all better.
Jones could end up going the same way, just by association, something for which Calde is pretty much protected against.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here