Dean Hammond - signs one year loan deal (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
From the website

"I have got a lot to prove to the fans though and I want to prove myself and get them back on side. I look forward to that challenge.

"I'm very different and I've grown up.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Well its clear that Gus has given up on the big striker and is goign the Spanish way. Footballers do a lot of silly things and I think Ill remember allt he good things Hammond did when he was with us before (and there were money) rather than one fit of petulance. Quite honestly he is a class midfielder for this division.

Hope we get another defender in on loan tho.

LennyD

Jul 15, 2009
Deaaaaaaanoooooooo come on guys don't pretend you won't be saying it soon. In gus we still trust!!

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Absolute bollocks.

Knight wanted to keep him and privately was gutted he left. He was offered £125k a week, but Colchester who had a mini spending spree offered him £175k a week.

Where do you get your 'facts' from?
£125 And £175 YOu sure
it was more like £125 and £175 without the k

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
A lot of people have got to learn how to forgive and forget. It's hard yes, but it's also very healthy to do so, in life in general too.

He is now a player of Brighton & Hove Albion and I'm confident that, with our support, he will be committed to the cause. His engine combined with that of Crofts and Bridcutt is quite daunting for any opponent.

Walker_this_way

Oct 18, 2011
Will you make Hammond return hall?

Okay so I think we can all agree that we've had a brilliant deadline day! But that last announcement has obviously caused a stir! So now the question is, how will you welcome him back?

Mr hammond certainly left the Albion on unpleasant terms and his behaviour was quite unacceptable, no wherever he has gone, be in Colchester or the saints, he has been vigorously booed by seagulls fans!

But now he is our player again, will you boo him? On September 14 vs sheffied Wednesday, will you boo as his name is announced or welcome him back fondly? As for me I'm not sure yet, maybe you can convince me.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Haven't posted for a long time, but had to come back for this. Incredibly funny given how much you guys hate him.
Shame he hasn't gone to a club where he'll be appreciated, but oh well. Good luck to him, and you.

Not only do I dislike him, I don't rate him either. Did he actually do well for you in the championship as he was awful when we trounced you at the Amex.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Lol some people on here had totally unrealistic expectations re this last signing acting like a little kid who doesn't like his Christmas present ...geez support the lad he's a Brighton player now

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm quite pleased with this. Proven Championship player and a Brighton lad. Helps the mix of the squad.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Like i said there is more to it than meets the eye.

He will be a good strong player for us with flair all around him and will score the odd goal too. The lads got some balls and they are Sussex balls good luck to him.

Not sure how happy Dick will be though!

Ye actually scores with his head...novelty from a Brighton player lol

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
Not only do I dislike him, I don't rate him either. Did he actually do well for you in the championship as he was awful when we trounced you at the Amex.

He was very good in the first half of the season and then never regained his form after our blip in december. He was a key part of us getting promoted however.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
f*** off.... Hammond. Fucks sake.

I can't see the shirt printers in the club shop running out of H's A's M's, O's N's, D's and S's anytime soon.

Chimp faced twat.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Thing is, he's still a loan. Gus said he doesn't like loans and sometimes gives his own real players a shot rather than the loan. So reading between the lines, I'd say he's back up for Crofts.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Well, I can't see Dicker getting a game after tomorrow.

I'll be getting behind Deano. He came through our youth set up, he's a Sussex lad. Forgive and forget. Move on.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I liked him when he was here and could understand his reasons for leaving but he really has got to hit the ground running or people are going to be on his back very quickly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports