Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

david healy

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Barnes will get better for sure. He still has potential and is only 20. Healey would definitely be a worthwhile addition though. Might take him a month to get up to full fitness but then I would expect him to score goals for fun at this level if he wants to. And this last part is for Gus to judge. If he signs him, he must be alright.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't think Crofts was any good and I still don't.

I went to a Norwich match earlier in the season as I was in the area, and he was comfortably the best player on the pitch. I don't rate your opinion on football I am afraid.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I went to a Norwich match earlier in the season as I was in the area, and he was comfortably the best player on the pitch. I don't rate your opinion on football I am afraid.

I was always of the opinion he was a bit over-rated. Not a bad player who worked hard but was more than happy with the 400k we got for him.

How a performance from this season for a different club can be factored in to change a Brighton fans opinion i'm not really sure. I'd still think he was over-rated for us if he was top scorer in the championship at the end of this season. Doesn't affect what he did for us at all.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
No, it's not a vendetta, it's an opinion. I don't think Crofts was any good and I still don't. He looks like he's doing a lot better than he is because he scores. That's it for me, his general play is actually very mediocre.

As for Barnes, I've never totally written him off. The problem is he just can't finish. If he could learn to do this he'd score goals, because he can get in the right place. Unfortunately a calm and skilled goalscorer would have scored 10 goals this season had they got in his positions. He has three.

Correct a vendettta is a fued between two parties, however the is a clear case of a 'dickhead talking bollocks' - my opinion like. Everyman and his dog rates Croft's apart from you, which says much about you footballing knowledge either that or you should be allowed out on your own.
As for Barnes, he's young but the goals will come, just a matter of time.

You're a sad little git aren't you?

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

My sentiments exactly. Crofts was our best player last year, hence why he won Player of the Season. Not as exciting to watch as Bennett, for sure, but he held us together and made us play, as was obvious (for those who couldn't see it usually) in the few games he missed, where we missed him badly.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My sentiments exactly. Crofts was our best player last year, hence why he won Player of the Season. Not as exciting to watch as Bennett, for sure, but he held us together and made us play, as was obvious (for those who couldn't see it usually) in the few games he missed, where we missed him badly.

A couple of points.

1. How did he "make" us play? He wasn't a creative player really.
2. Our best midfield performance (by a country mile) all season was without him.

I don't go nearly as far as TCB, but I do think Crofts was over-rated by some on here.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Spot on with Crofty.Norwich fans rate him.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And obviously that has a lot of bearing on last season doesn't it. You can't even moderate a messageboard without making yourself look an idiot, so forgive me for not taking your opinion too seriously. And why aren't you banned?
:

Have you ever considered an anger management course?:lolol:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Sorry, I thought this was a thread about David Healy?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Just to point out Crofts is playing at a higher level, to ask would he get in the team ahead of Kish, Dicker and Sparrow I would argue he would.
Doesn't quite work like that though all the time.McNulty is playing at a higher level but would he replace Painter?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
That doesn't even make sense. And where was the humour you're laughing at? I must have missed it.

YOU (more specifically your opininons in this thread) are what he is laughing at TCB, and he is not the only one. You do seem rather angry today, is this because in all reality you don't actually have anything to moan about :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here