Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

david healy

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I have to admit that I really can't make my mind up on this one even if it were true.

Healy must be several weeks from being match fit and - given his limited game time and equally limited scoring record over a very protracted period indeed - I wonder whether he can rediscover the form that once made him a real goalscoring threat.

On the other hand, if it happened and if it worked, the prospect of Barnes, Sandaza and (when/if he returns) a rejuvinated Holroyd to back up him and Murray might just be enough to take us all the way to the Championship

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would like to sign Healy or a player of similar pedigree in order to have Barnes on the bench as back up. This I think would enable us to get the best out of Barnes and also add a goalscorer to play with Murray.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
He also cannot possibly be more of a rabbit in the headlights than dear old Ashley

Given that Barnes has the highest number of shots and ratio of shots on target of any of our forwards clearly indicates that you are either:

(a) seriously lacking in the ability to make accurate use of the metaphor
(b) a poor judge of football matters

or possibly (c) BOTH

Whatever, your continued vendetta against a 20 year old striker with clear promise does you no credit.

Barnes' record suggests that far from freezing he is actually the player most likely to have a shot and to hit the target. If he is not scoring enough goals he is at least not afraid to get into good positions and to keep trying.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If missing a number of gilt-edged chances before October is out and being the only player to fail to perform despite the team putting in a stunning show to win 4-0 makes me a poor judge then so be it. To be honest, plebs who use words like "vendetta" I am not bothered about arguing with. I think he's a ropey striker, not my worst enemy on the planet. Stop being so bloody sensitive.

He is right though. Whether or not it is actually true, you come across on here as having vendettas against certain players. Crofts, for example, was our player of the year last season and is apparently one of Norwich's best players this year but you called him rubbish when he signed and stuck by that all season. That is not having an opinion, it is basically irrational. The problem is that if Barnes suddenly started scoring you would still say he is rubbish and come on here to slag him off after one bad game. I don't understand the need for negativity when we are doing so well.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
As for Barnes, I've never totally written him off. The problem is he just can't finish. If he could learn to do this he'd score goals, because he can get in the right place. Unfortunately a calm and skilled goalscorer would have scored 10 goals this season had they got in his positions. He has three.

and there's the rub.

20 years old and still learning but he gets in the right positions and isn't frightened to have a go. IF people allow him to continue to learn he may just become something special..................

..............................or the knockers could get to him and he could just be hounded out before he learns

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As for Barnes, I've never totally written him off. The problem is he just can't finish. If he could learn to do this he'd score goals, because he can get in the right place. Unfortunately a calm and skilled goalscorer would have scored 10 goals this season had they got in his positions. He has three.

thats true. and how many has Healy scored these season? none, as he hasn't played. scored once from 13 outings at Ipswich last season.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Given that Barnes has the highest number of shots and ratio of shots on target of any of our forwards clearly indicates that you are either:

(a) seriously lacking in the ability to make accurate use of the metaphor
(b) a poor judge of football matters

or possibly (c) BOTH

Whatever, your continued vendetta against a 20 year old striker with clear promise does you no credit.

Barnes' record suggests that far from freezing he is actually the player most likely to have a shot and to hit the target. If he is not scoring enough goals he is at least not afraid to get into good positions and to keep trying.

This I like.:thumbsup:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Fran wasn't / isnt match fit and look at how we are waiting for him... why add healy to that list?

personallyl think that amtahv fit and sharp Sandaza will do the job... problem is, when is that going to ahppen?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here