Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Funny Games

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Suggest you check again.

Actually I admit it's not clear in the film (certainly the re-make as this is where there is a difference in scenes) but in the book it was originally a boy who was castrated just before he was made a vampire 200 odd years ago

Cat Fish

May 16, 2012
Central brighton
Suggest you check again.

Suggest you do!
1- The vampire states he isnt a girl in the film
2- When the boy sees the vampire naked you see the scar from where he was castrated!

Admittedly the part was played by a girl but the character is a castrated boy - its very subtle admittedly

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Completely passed me by then. Eli is referred to and presented as a girl, I don't remember seeing signs of a castration. Mind you, its a couple of years since I saw the film.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Now lets get onto REALLY disturbing. No one seen 'The Human Centipede'? Just google it and watch it if you dare.

Also 'Threads' the one that shat everyone up in the 80's, about a nuclear attack on Sheffield and the aftermath. Worst horror movie ever.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Now lets get onto REALLY disturbing. No one seen 'The Human Centipede'? Just google it and watch it if you dare.

Also 'Threads' the one that shat everyone up in the 80's, about a nuclear attack on Sheffield and the aftermath. Worst horror movie ever.

Human Centipede was pretty disturbing, but the 2nd one was shit in comparison.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Freaks produced by Tod Browning

86_freaks_at_play_6.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dead Man's Shoes. A great British revenge movie set in a small midlands town. Shane Meadows best film. Great acting from Paddy Considine and the lad who plays his brother (his name escapes me).
I saw that the other day.
I wouldn't call it too dark and disturbing, but it is a quality revengay movie.

Stellar performance from Paddy Considine, but that kind of goes without saying.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Saw this last year in a late-night screening and the whole film stuck with my brother and i. Horrendously creepy. Imagine Children of the Corn but good and horribly dark with it. Strangely fascinating though.
Who Can Kill a Child

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Dark Japanese film called Audition, that's the entire film on youtube. I would put a trailer up but sometimes they can spoil it.

[yt]Edd4lgVb0FE[/yt]

And Oldboy a Korean film

[yt]YLn1y9v6yno[/yt]

Dark,Disturbing with some memorable scenes one of the best films I've seen.

Last edited:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Hard Candy. If you've not seen/heard of it, watch it without talking to anyone about it because it has a really good twist and inevitably someone WILL ruin it. Very uncomfortable to watch at times but a great little film.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Irreversible.

Left me feeling very unsettled after I'd watched it. Throughout the film the camera is constantly moving, spinning, panning etc. except for two scenes which happen to be shockingly violent. During those scenes the camera is still as a dead man's chest, forcing you to watch these moments of horrible violence.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sophie's Choice

If you've had kids, this is a shatteringly emotional film to watch. I won't add any spoilers if you haven't seen it, but it is gut wrenching, and perhaps one of Meryl Streeps finest performances. In fact this is cutting me up again just thinking about it...

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Shrooms - very sinister

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Hotel Rwanda. Amazing film, but very disturbing massacre scenes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here