Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dan Harding on Saints website

May 21, 2004
Preston Park
"For me personally I'd definitely love to go above them (Brighton) at the end of the season. We've got a goal here that the manager wants to achieve, and that we want to achieve as a squad which we're going to make sure that we do."

:lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Up until now I had no axe to grind with Mr Harding, now he's just another wanker in red stripes. The joke is that a whole lot of Stains fans think he's a liability in any case. Glad he didn't stay with a big club.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Maths clearly not a strong subject for him then. Does he honestly believe we're going to lose four games whilst they win all of theirs? They couldn't even beat a team who were in a terrible run of form ffs.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
We might not be hammering teams but we do keep winning, something our rivals are not doing.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Harding is small fry.. he humbly took the abuse last season and fair play to him for carving out a career with barely any talent.

Dean Hammond is another case... his reaction to the fans last year was possibly the worst ever seen by an ex player, with little or no cause to justify it. Let's all hope the tosser has to stay in this league for yet another season...

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
I think harding and the rest need to concentrate on getting automatic promotion and second spot rather than being champions as that is gonna be hard enough

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Virtually all players will want to beat a former club, so his comments are fairly typical of those of any player. However the manner in which he left the Albion did not do him any credit, and I hope he languishes in the shadow of the Albion until he retires.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Virtually all players will want to beat a former club, so his comments are fairly typical of those of any player. However the manner in which he left the Albion did not do him any credit, and I hope he languishes in the shadow of the Albion until he retires.

But it's not just wanting to beat us, is it? It's wanting to overturn a 12-point deficit with 10 games left in the season! I don't expect them to be burying their noses up the back of BHAFC, but would it kill them to say that winning the title at this stage is a very, VERY tough ask? The way they are talking, you'd think it was still October.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I really didnt give Harding a second thought when he left the club, I still dont now.

But to add to this thread.

Harding: A money grabbing, talentless nobody who is finding his own way down the footballing ladders to obscuriety. Couldnt happen quick enough for me!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It's stuff like this that makes the saints bashing so much fun. I'm not really bothered if it makes us look tinpot or not, their utter delusion is just hilarious. They really should be concerned about securing second spot before worrying about a team that is four games ahead of them. Following monday's result I can Franchise posing a real threat to Hudds, Peterboro and SCC for the runners up position.

'IF" we are in a position to secure the title against them at Withdean, an improbable but not impossible scenario, then surely that would be as sweet a moment as any we have ever had at the Theatre of Trees.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
They aren't very good at achieving their target so far, I thought the game at st fairies was when they were going to overtake us in the league....... I believe we are now more points clear of stains than at any point during the season :lolol:

Is there some kind of ignorance training that has to be completed when you join stains?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Harding went to Leeds because it's the club he's always supported, Obviously more money would tempt you to move away,It just shows he had no loyalty at this club. I don't know what planet he's on thinking they have a slightest of chance of winning the league because I highly doubt we'll lose 4 times with Saints winning every game.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Harding is small fry.. he humbly took the abuse last season and fair play to him for carving out a career with barely any talent.

I think a career at Championship and League 1 level and England u21 appearances suggests he had a bit of telent, don't you?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I really didnt give Harding a second thought when he left the club, I still dont now.

But to add to this thread.

Harding: A money grabbing, talentless nobody who is finding his own way down the footballing ladders to obscuriety. Couldnt happen quick enough for me!

can't argue with that. And Mr Hammond?

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
Dan Harding

I think people are being too harsh on Harding. When transferred to dirty leeds he did not want to leave..
The fee issue went to Tribunal.
Who is aware Harding went down from leeds to London for the hearing (unpaid and on his own initiative) to argue for Brighton getting a higher fee which they deserved. He highlighted everything BHA had done for him in developing his career and why the higher fee was merited.
BHA got a higher fee.
Not a lot of people know that.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Rarely does anything of worth come from a sentence that begins "For me personally".

If they do manage to scrape into the runners-up spot he'll be released anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here