Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Give Tony a ring and tell him he cocked up.:D

Whisper it quietly, but I think in this instance he might have.

If it was £13M, plus £5M if they stay up, and another couple of million when he's played X number of games for them that would be different, but I haven't seen a whisper of anything like that, anywhere. OK, I know the club are not very forthcoming when it comes to revealling the details of a transfer fee, but usually a pretty fair idea of what it entails emerges. Heard no whispers aboout this though..

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Our second highest ever fee for a player sold....a player who has only very recently been getting largely positive feedback on NSC (before the sale). And yet some claim 'we woz robbed'. He's had one landmark game for the Saudis, with leg-memory from all the excellent coaching we gave him. How long before he's ruined by bad coaching?

And others criticise Tony's brinkmanship, too. You'd better rush off and challenge him to a game of cards, I recon. :facepalm:

Time we moved on, unless it's to note Burn's achievements (well done BDB for the MOM).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
£13m was a pathetic fee for an established, accomplished defender from a top 10 PL club who was an important regular player in our 1st team. Anything south of £15m was DERISORY in the current market.

We've gifted that filth of a club an absolute lynchpin to stave off the second division. I wish him well, but that was a pisstake of a fee to pave the way for the fella. We've been mugged.

He was worth a lot more and a lot better than being denied his dream over £2m. A warrior, a servant, a great guy and the club rewarded him by not letting the difference between £13m and £15m stand in the way of his dream move. Hopefully it will happen again.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
£13m was a pathetic fee for an established, accomplished defender from a top 10 PL club who was an important regular player in our 1st team. Anything south of £15m was DERISORY in the current market.

We've gifted that filth of a club an absolute lynchpin to stave off the second division. I wish him well, but that was a pisstake of a fee to pave the way for the fella. We've been mugged.

Absolutely agree and we’ll be reminded of this for the rest of the season. One of the silliest transfers out we’ve done.. Makes you wonder what was being said in the boardroom to only go for approx £13m. It’s done now, but we well and truly got bent over with this one.

And they’ll be back for more in the summer….maybe we’ll sell them Webster and Bissouma for £18m each?

C’est la vie.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
When I've had my "English Vocabulary and Grammar" lesson tomorrow and hopefully reach the level where I can understand what you're writing, I'll get back to you on this one.

As I think you already know, the problem here lies elsewhere and not with your grasp of English!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Laughable,so many and Hold your hands UP have dished it out to D/B and with Relish. NSC Liberal elite hypocrisy at its best.

BCE4C39B-255E-4F6D-B5E5-AD91149D9A28.jpeg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely agree and we’ll be reminded of this for the rest of the season. One of the silliest transfers out we’ve done.. Makes you wonder what was being said in the boardroom to only go for approx £13m. It’s done now, but we well and truly got bent over with this one.

And they’ll be back for more in the summer….maybe we’ll sell them Webster and Bissouma for £18m each?

C’est la vie.

Yeah because we all know TB is a clueless goon

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Why is it so hard for people to admit the club has dropped a large one on this move?

£13M wouldn't buy you a mid range Championship defender let alone a seasoned professional with recent Premier league pedigree who was actually getting rave reviews.

I pity anyone who thinks this was a good deal for Brighton.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gutted Newcastle put one over on the new Messiah but delighted for BDB

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Why is it so hard for people to admit the club has dropped a large one on this move?

£13M wouldn't buy you a mid range Championship defender let alone a seasoned professional with recent Premier league pedigree who was actually getting rave reviews.

I pity anyone who thinks this was a good deal for Brighton.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

People are realistic. 29 year old defender, who was not part of the starting eleven when everyone is fit, with 18 months left on his contract and £13m is a reasonable price.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

C’est la vie.

I think we simply did BDB a MASSIVE favour, in light of the service he'd given us, and the desire he had to join his hometown club in what would likely be the final big deal of his career. He's made for life now and I wish him luck (whilst still deeply, DEEPLY wishing they go down). £13m was a pathetic fee in the current market for him, even more so considering that medieval arab scum with their bottomless pit.

We got humped in that deal, but for the right reasons I suppose. Doesn't detract from the fact that we'll not be able to replace him with £13m, without it being a punt on some obscure belgium herbert, or someone from the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here