[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Your succinct and tongue in cheek post, does also raise an interesting point for all those sanctimonious angels attacking Howe, Chris Wood or even BDB for "taking blood money from Saudia"

Should Bloom now be donating that 13m rather than keeping it? seeing after all as its source if from the same "Saudia blood money"

How do the primroses feel about 13m of Saudia money sitting in the BHAFC bank accounts?

Not happy with it, but it isn't quite the same as being a yes man to them.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If the Premier League will allow people like this as owners, you cant really blame players for signing for them! The whole league is accepting the regime at Newcastle.

That is it though in a nutshell, it is for the authorities and governing bodies who make the rules on ownership to decide who is and who isnt fit to run football clubs. It is to them, any ire should be directed if people think certain parties are not fit or if they believe rules should be changed.

For anyone working as an employee of the club, you are under the authority of the FA and PL, you are an employee of a sporting institution not a political party.

Abramovich is close to Putin. A murderous dictator who has no problem using WMD to kill opponents on our streets or to attempt to assasinate political opponents. Abramovich himself would never be where he is, without "taking care" of any threats to his business interests back in the day. Abramovich was a major part of the very shady World Cup bidding process where both Russia and Qatar were awared the WC (remember the russian bidding PC then accidently broke, wiping all info). Oligarchs are corrupt and ruthless individuals who have stolen national wealth, and he pays homage to the murderous crook and thief, who surpresses rights, has killed 15,000 Ukrainians and helped used chemical weapons from helicopters on Syrian civilians. But no problems with Tariq Lamptey being here? and Tuchel is fine for managing them?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
How so ?

We said yes to accepting the fee on offer from them.

No one connected with Brighton is unable to offer a negative opinion about the Saudi Royal Family/Government/Human Rights abuses because we made the deal. Try asking Eddie Howe for an opinion about any of that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No one connected with Brighton is unable to offer a negative opinion about the Saudi Royal Family/Government/Human Rights abuses because we made the deal. Try asking Eddie Howe for an opinion about any of that.

If BHA are taking money from them, which we now have, then they're hardly likely to slag off the people they're trading with.

Eddie Howe, as an employee, will just give his stock answer - "I'm here for the football side of things, I don't do politics". Blah. As will anyone on their payroll.

The PL opened up the Golden Gates to this vile regime, we're stuck with them, so the trading is now "legitimised". I just hope and wish every club would take the Man U stance over the Lingard loan, by belatedly blowing the deal through imposing a ridiculously inflated TOON TAX. That was super.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If BHA are taking money from them, which we now have, then they're hardly likely to slag off the people they're trading with.

Eddie Howe, as an employee, will just give his stock answer - "I'm here for the football side of things, I don't do politics". Blah. As will anyone on their payroll.

The PL opened up the Golden Gates to this vile regime, we're stuck with them, so the trading is now "legitimised". I just hope and wish every club would take the Man U stance over the Lingard loan, by belatedly blowing the deal through imposing a ridiculously inflated TOON TAX. That was super.

I was under the impression that PL clubs refused to deal with Newcastle - Burnley had no choice given the buy out.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I was under the impression that PL clubs refused to deal with Newcastle - Burnley had no choice given the buy out.

No idea what gave you that impression? They also loaned in Matt Targett from Villa (in addition to Burn and Wood from other PL clubs)

The Lingard thing looks a lot more strategic imho.... Man U were already messing around before the Greenwood alleged incidents became public, in demanding all wages paid plus a massive staying up bonus (which was inconsistent with other loans out like Van de Beek). I reckon Man U will see Newcastle as a potentially big threat to breaking into the top 4 with the unlimited cash behind them, and they are not going to help them out, or loan players unless for ridiculous over valuations.

Its got a whiff of Bloom versus Leeds re: Ben White.

We don't like you, we see you as a potential rival and we're not going to help you 1 iota. You may be arrogant enough now to think that you can take whoever you want etc. but you cant unless its for stupid money etc

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Exactly. Howe saying the squad were off to Saudi for their winter break was "a football decision" is patently bollocks. It's part of the image change Saudi are looking for, without conducting any real change.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Exactly. Howe saying the squad were off to Saudi for their winter break was "a football decision" is patently bollocks. It's part of the image change Saudi are looking for, without conducting any real change.

The club going to winter sunshine training camp was a football decision, we've done it before. Where they went was the commerical decision.

Its crazy to think, that the booking, flights, accomodation decisions would then fall on the first team coach. Clearly they don't. It will be the execs, CEO etc that make those decisions and administrators who resolve all the bookings/paperwork. The first team and manager, employees under contract, would be told of where they were going, where they were staying, when they were going and how theyre getting there.

Howe isn't sitting there on lastminute.com with Saudia as his only search term. Like it or not PIF legally owns the club which is in part owned by the Saudia soverign wealth fund, and that was approved by the football authorities who govern the game.

Just as Leicester go to Thailand, Citeh to Abu Dhabi, its not unsurprising that Newcastle visit Saudia now PIG legally own the club.

The FA and PL is where the blame lies

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The club going to winter sunshine training camp was a football decision, we've done it before. Where they went was the commerical decision.

Its crazy to think, that the booking, flights, accomodation decisions would then fall on the first team coach. Clearly they don't. It will be the execs, CEO etc that make those decisions and administrators who resolve all the bookings/paperwork. The first team and manager, employees under contract, would be told of where they were going, where they were staying, when they were going and how theyre getting there.

Howe isn't sitting there on lastminute.com with Saudia as his only search term. Like it or not PIF legally owns the club which is in part owned by the Saudia soverign wealth fund, and that was approved by the football authorities who govern the game.

Just as Leicester go to Thailand, Citeh to Abu Dhabi, its not unsurprising that Newcastle visit Saudia now PIG legally own the club.

The FA and PL is where the blame lies

I didn't imagine Howe had selected Saudi for the break, but that whoever did was not thinking Jeddah was bound to have some great training facilities and some decent local opposition we could play a training game against, i.e. it was not a location chosen for footballing reasons.

Yes, F.A, and PL to blame, with some suggestion of there being some influence from UK Government too. However, all those parties could agree that Ian Huntley was a fit and proper owner, I wouldn't work for him though and would think less of anyone who did.
The Chair of PIF is Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman, Yasir Al-Rumayyan is the governor of PIF and is the Chairman of NUFC.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
No idea what gave you that impression? They also loaned in Matt Targett from Villa (in addition to Burn and Wood from other PL clubs)

The Lingard thing looks a lot more strategic imho.... Man U were already messing around before the Greenwood alleged incidents became public, in demanding all wages paid plus a massive staying up bonus (which was inconsistent with other loans out like Van de Beek). I reckon Man U will see Newcastle as a potentially big threat to breaking into the top 4 with the unlimited cash behind them, and they are not going to help them out, or loan players unless for ridiculous over valuations.

Its got a whiff of Bloom versus Leeds re: Ben White.

We don't like you, we see you as a potential rival and we're not going to help you 1 iota. You may be arrogant enough now to think that you can take whoever you want etc. but you cant unless its for stupid money etc

There was a fair bit around at the time about clubs refusing to deal with them, but I guess money talks in business.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What difference do you think the money will make to Eddie Howe's life? Even bigger house?
Having your head removed for a confession of terrorism extracted by torture, after being arrested at a protest against your countries human rights abuses, that is life changing.
Is there anyone you wouldn't work for, even if the pay was life changing?
Why do you think already reasonably wealthy people don’t need an income? I’m sure smug Eddie has bills to pay just like everyone else.

The Albion didn’t take long to except £13m for an ageing player who probably wasn’t one of the clubs high earners. It makes no difference if Dan wanted to play for his boyhood club which I’ve seen posters let him of the hook a bit as I doubt he’s playing for free.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't think anyone doubts that the Saudis are scum when it comes to human rights and they should never have been allowed to take over Newcastle however now that they have I don't have a problem with our club trying to screw as much money out of them as possible. I'd love to know what or how much convinced the Premier League to accept them into the fold.

From the moral stance, I'm assuming that all those posting about not having anything to do with them also have the same attitude to China (and other country with a poor record) and anything they sell and produce. If you do then kudos to you bearing in a lot of products we purchase originate from China.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't think anyone doubts that the Saudis are scum when it comes to human rights and they should never have been allowed to take over Newcastle however now that they have I don't have a problem with our club trying to screw as much money out of them as possible. I'd love to know what or how much convinced the Premier League to accept them into the fold.

From the moral stance, I'm assuming that all those posting about not having anything to do with them also have the same attitude to China (and other country with a poor record) and anything they sell and produce. If you do then kudos to you bearing in a lot of products we purchase originate from China.[/QUOTE]

Also don’t buy any fuel for the car…just in case it originates from Saudi Arabia

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

From the moral stance, I'm assuming that all those posting about not having anything to do with them also have the same attitude to China (and other country with a poor record) and anything they sell and produce. If you do then kudos to you bearing in a lot of products we purchase originate from China.
Penny to a pound they mostly don't. Selectivity is a wonderful cover!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Why do you think already reasonably wealthy people don’t need an income? I’m sure smug Eddie has bills to pay just like everyone else.

The Albion didn’t take long to except £13m for an ageing player who probably wasn’t one of the clubs high earners. It makes no difference if Dan wanted to play for his boyhood club which I’ve seen posters let him of the hook a bit as I doubt he’s playing for free.

I didn't suggest that he had no need for an income, just not a need to take the source of income he has chosen to take. He walked out on Bournemouth, he wasn't sacked, he turned down Celtic, and I doubt he has been without other offers either.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I wouldn't buy anything that was designed to soften the image of The Chinese Communist Party.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Polish_20220211_002349038.jpg

If Newcastle ever needed to park the bus...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That was more a preference not to deal rather than an absolute refusal, which manifested itself in a premium on transfer fees.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Did he just describe himself as a local hero on his sky sports interview ?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports