Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens Summer 2016 shenanigans (Merged Thread)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This absolutely stinks of Bridcutt. Not a direct "downing of tools" but this nauseating notion of "my heads not in the right place boss" resulting in him being excluded from the squad again just macks me RIGHT off. Then we're fed some shit about him running around cones in Lancing on a crucial matchday, as if we're supposed to think "yeah great, he's really getting super-fit for us next week". Do me a lemon. I expect Dale's head is CERTAINLY in the right place when he arrives at an ATM to punch in his pin and extract another chunk of his £9k a week courtesy of you, me and BHAFC. He'll manage THAT alright, won't he. Heads in the perfect place to draw a wage he's not currently earning.

Fvcking footballers. Paid a kings ransom every pissing week, and yet they STILL get to pull this shit and cry off whenever they get a sniff of another big cash bonanza. We're paying this mug to play for BHAFC and help us win some points. If he can't be arsed any more then the sooner he chases his wallet up the M1 to the ginger dalek the better as far as I'm concerned. What a prick he turned out to be.

I think that it might be CH who has decided he doesn't want an unfocused player in his squad rather than Stephens saying he doesn't feel like playing. Team spirit is a big part of what we are, Stephens is probably seen as potentially disruptive to it so is no longer being risked.

Who knows, but your rant is based on supposition rather than facts we know. Not saying you are wrong, but you might be. Stephens has quite possibly said that he is willing to play, he's just not being picked.

In amongst the waffle we have heard from CH about Stephens is the oft repeated "I have decisions to make". Maybe not choosing Stephens is one of them.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think that it might be CH who has decided he doesn't want an unfocused player in his squad rather than Stephens saying he doesn't feel like playing. Team spirit is a big part of what we are, Stephens is probably seen as potentially disruptive to it so is no longer being risked.

Who knows, but your rant is based on supposition rather than facts we know. Not saying you are wrong, but you might be. Stephens has quite possibly said that he is willing to play, he's just not being picked.

In amongst the waffle we have heard from CH are the oft repeated "I have decisions to make". Maybe not choosing Stephens is one of them.

Stephens last played for us only 10 days ago. A full 90 minutes v Rotherham.
He's tweeted support for the club, he's attended matches, he played twice in pre-season.
Yet he's never mentioned anything to anyone about wanting out, despite the rumours/bids from Burnley being first reported right at the very beginning of pre-season ie: months and months ago.
No other bids have come in although Palace also rumoured to be tracking him. We've turned them all down.
Hughton plausibly can say he's unfit given his pre-season and he certainly was not up to his usual fitness/performance watching him v Rotherham. And Hughton,probably the most professional, honest of managers you could ever hope for and has been absolutely clear in his reasons for not picking him.
You basically have to accuse him of lying to believe this stuff.

He has of course refused to sign a new contract. So have March & Kayal. So far.

For someone who is engineering an exit then he could have tried a bit harder.*

*this doesn't mean we won't sell him. we still might. He's in the last year of his contract. He's worth £m. An offer might still turn up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

In amongst the waffle we have heard from CH about Stephens is the oft repeated "I have decisions to make". Maybe not choosing Stephens is one of them.

True. Duffy has admitted that transfer speculation affected his concentration in the games he played (today's Argus). I'd rather have Stephens running around cones in Lancing, than scoring own goals and getting cards.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If or when he goes I hope we pass which ever team he goes to.
That will be justice for our loyal players and fans and TB

Only fans are loyal. Of course, Tony is a fan too.

Everyone else at the club is just doing a job of work. Are you loyal to your present boss? If another firm came in and offered you twice the money for doing the same job, would you turn it down, because you were loyal to your boss?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Stephens last played for us only 10 days ago. A full 90 minutes v Rotherham.
He's tweeted support for the club, he's attended matches, he played twice in pre-season.
Yet he's never mentioned anything to anyone about wanting out, despite the rumours/bids from Burnley being first reported right at the very beginning of pre-season ie: months and months ago.
No other bids have come in although Palace also rumoured to be tracking him. We've turned them all down.
Hughton plausibly can say he's unfit given his pre-season and he certainly was not up to his usual fitness/performance watching him v Rotherham. And Hughton,probably the most professional, honest of managers you could ever hope for and has been absolutely clear in his reasons for not picking him.
You basically have to accuse him of lying to believe this stuff.

He has of course refused to sign a new contract. So have March & Kayal. So far.

For someone who is engineering an exit then he could have tried a bit harder.*

*this doesn't mean we won't sell him. we still might. He's in the last year of his contract. He's worth £m. An offer might still turn up.

Excactly this

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Only fans are loyal. Of course, Tony is a fan too.

Everyone else at the club is just doing a job of work. Are you loyal to your present boss? If another firm came in and offered you twice the money for doing the same job, would you turn it down, because you were loyal to your boss?
I agree but you still do your best for your currant employees otherwise you burn bridges and your reference will be shit.:nono:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I agree but you still do your best for your currant employees

Super-Blackcurrent.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I agree but you still do your best for your currant employees
He has done his best for us. It's possible he's been slightly below par for a couple of weeks, but probably not on purpose.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I assume they flew up yesterday can anybody categorically state that he was in the party or is this just speculation that he wont be included. If fit I would expect him to be at least on the bench but wont jump to conclusions if he isnt.

Only just under 108 hours for the speculation of him leaving to continue.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I assume they flew up yesterday can anybody categorically state that he was in the party or is this just speculation that he wont be included. If fit I would expect him to be at least on the bench but wont jump to conclusions if he isnt.

Only just under 108 hours for the speculation of him leaving to continue.

I can. He travelled.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here