Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens Summer 2016 shenanigans (Merged Thread)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Only agreed to play because it's a big game on Sky, no doubt :wink:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Piss off Stephens, you won't be fondly remembered like Bridcutt

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Piss off Stephens, you won't be fondly remembered like Bridcutt

Hmmm... Bit OTT without any inside knowledge I presume!

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

I do believe that he hasn't refused to play as Hughton said that and he has the utmost integrity. The interest in him has obviously affected him, which is why he hasn't played. That is simply not good enough and I don't want players at the club who react that way.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

It's quite clear he is refusing to play. Keep denying it :ffsparr:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I do believe that he hasn't refused to play as Hughton said that and he has the utmost integrity. The interest in him has obviously affected him, which is why he hasn't played. That is simply not good enough and I don't want players at the club who react that way.

Not up to Liam B's naughtiness tho' is it?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Not up to Liam B's naughtiness tho' is it?

Less public, same problem. As Hughton has such integrity he has prevented the player becoming the target perhaps on the hope he would stay. He is supposed to be a professional and this is far from that description.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The interest in him has obviously affected him, which is why he hasn't played.

FFS. How bloody but precious are footballers? Losing your ****ing job affects you; not this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Less public, same problem. As Hughton has such integrity he has prevented the player becoming the target perhaps on the hope he would stay. He is supposed to be a professional and this is far from that description.

As Hughton has such integrity, he's lied publicly to protect him? That doesn't make sense.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
As Hughton has such integrity, he's lied publicly to protect him? That doesn't make sense.
He hasn't lied. He said Stephens hadn't refused to play which I believe. The only reason he hasn't is surely because the interest has affected him which Hughton has never mentioned. He also said he was available to play and the bench place bears this out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He hasn't lied. He said Stephens hadn't refused to play which I believe. The only reason he hasn't is surely because the interest has affected him which Hughton has never mentioned. He also said he was available to play and the bench place bears this out.

Hughton said he needed extra training because his injury affected his pre-season work. He played against Rotherham and looked knackered. Why would Hughton lie about the extra training? I saw Stephens training with my own eyes at the open day. His knee was strapped up and he wasn't doing the more strenuous exercises the others were.

What bid is in for Stephens at the moment? If there was a solid bid, I would agree, but nothing has come in for over a month. Burnley have bought another midfielder.
5 days and counting.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Another one accusing Hughton of lying. He categorically stated Stephens had not refused to play.

Here's where i'm at. I doubt he has refused to play, but it is very clear to me now that his distraction is significant enough that CH did not play him in a game where we desperately needed him. If it wasn't obvious enough already, he wasn't even brought on at HT for his stand-in who was having a poor game. That is 2 league games now where i've felt we've missed him in the middle of the park, and I doubt i'm the only one that feels he and Kayal, more than any other reason, were the key to our success last season.

As I said on another thread, CH is no mug, there's no other reason Dale wouldn't be on the field tonight other than his 'head not being right'. I've joined the cynics and my major concern has now shifted from bringing in a quality no.10 to replacing Stephens.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Some random Brighton fan tweeted that Stephens is refusing to play for next match. Teams news appears and no Stephens - coincidence ?

We play awful away to Reading and miss him.

Hughton says he needs extra training and that why he was dropped. I'm not convinced by that or others.

Next game comes along and it's a big one and everyone expected Stephens to be in the starting line up after a poor performance at Reading.

No Stephens again and our midfield is over run again. He didn't even come on but Norwood did.

If people still want to believe what Hughton says then they are fooling themselves. He will be sold in the next couple of days. FACT

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Some random Brighton fan tweeted that Stephens is refusing to play for next match. Teams news appears and no Stephens - coincidence ?

We play awful away to Reading and miss him.

Hughton says he needs extra training and that why he was dropped. I'm not convinced by that or others.

Next game comes along and it's a big one and everyone expected Stephens to be in the starting line up after a poor performance at Reading.

No Stephens again and our midfield is over run again. He didn't even come on but Norwood did.

If people still want to believe what Hughton says then they are fooling themselves. He will be sold in the next couple of days. FACT

So you are accusing Hughton of lying. Sack the manager. I don't want a club patsy who is prepared to lie for the board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here