Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens Summer 2016 shenanigans (Merged Thread)

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
So bored of this now please either play him or sell him , it's costing us points at the moment , but just sort it !

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Sick to death of hearing about him, or not hearing about him. Even if we as a club are destined to always be the bridesmaid, at least we can say we've had a first eleven down the years who've all played in the Premier League .

Bridesmaids ? Had ?
We can say now we have a 11 in the current squad who have played in the Prem or top flight football elsewhere...

Stockdale (Prem)
Bruno (La Liga)
Duffy (Prem)
Uwe (Bundesliga)
Rosenior (Prem)

Knockeart (Prem)
Kayal (cough, SPL)
Sidwell (Prem)

Murray (Prem)
Hemed (La Liga)
Manu ( Eredivisie)

and then we also have Dunk, March, Stephens - all of whom have had (reportedly) had bids from Prem league clubs turned down.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
If Stephens is fit he should play. Leaving him on the bench whilst the immobile Sidwell lumbers around the pitch is a joke.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am more worried about Stockdale's form than Stephens at the moment :shrug:

What will be will be with Stephens.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Bridesmaids ? Had ?
We can say now we have a 11 in the current squad who have played in the Prem or top flight football elsewhere...

Stockdale (Prem)
Bruno (La Liga)
Duffy (Prem)
Uwe (Bundesliga)
Rosenior (Prem)

Knockeart (Prem)
Kayal (cough, SPL)
Sidwell (Prem)

Murray (Prem)
Hemed (La Liga)
Manu ( Eredivisie)

and then we also have Dunk, March, Stephens - all of whom have had (reportedly) had bids from Prem league clubs turned down.

Good shout that, I do love stats!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I always thought you were one of the more intelligent posters.

Watch the 66 final. Then come back to me with a straight face and say it wasn't a massively lower standard back then. I understand, much tougher pitches and balls, but that's all part and parcel of it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
West Ham last night were woeful and we currently do not have a player that is anywhere near the skill level of Peter Ward.

Knocky's close control is LIGHT YEARS ahead of what Wardy's was.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
A squad that has Stephens & Norwood fully fit should mean that Sidwell should sit on the bench at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Albion turn down fourth bid from Burnley for Dale Stephens.....

...according to the Argus today. The bid, thought to be in the region of 5.5million, was made "over the weekend".

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If I was Dale and I knew a premiership team with 170million pound in its back pocket wanted me soooo much and kept coming back in for me with low and unacceptable bids I'd be insulted. Come on there is big money now being thrown around down here now by premiership rejects etc don't insult us if you really want him coff up more....

In short I'd turn that down.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ginger Dalek still trying to get a bargain. Hopefully they'll focus on Hendrick now they've been rejected once again.

Jul 7, 2016
Personally I think if we get an offer of 10m plus then it gets difficult as we could get a quality replacement for Stephens and have 2-3 million left over to add to our budget for a number 10.
Problem is getting the right replacement within 48 hrs is a huge gamble,

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Personally I think if we get an offer of 10m plus then it gets difficult as we could get a quality replacement for Stephens and have 2-3 million left over to add to our budget for a number 10.
Problem is getting the right replacement within 48 hrs is a huge gamble,

Understand but not where i am. Last two games have shown that he is critical to our short term success, alongisde Kayal. Without him others under too much pressure and underperforming. Reject the bag of gold, more will follow :)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The good news is that Burnley seem to have massively under valued Stephens.

We won't sell for anything less than 10m IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here