Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daily Mail backs Michael McIntyre - hurrah!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Typical Mail article.

Anything offensive has no place these days, modern "alternative comedy" has no merit, and it is represented by the likes of the Ross/Brand/Sachs incident. Etc. No real understanding or appreciation for the full spectrum of comedy and so on

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Typical Mail article.

Anything offensive has no place these days, modern "alternative comedy" has no merit, and it is represented by the likes of the Ross/Brand/Sachs incident. Etc. No real understanding or appreciation for the full spectrum of comedy and so on

Spot on.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I particularly like how instead of jokes he just shakes his hair. Very amusing.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
if they want to give a shameless plug to a Comedian they don't think offends anyone in an edgy way, why not Harry Hill?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I found it interesting in that article where it said MacIntyre has managed to cross-over into that safe Saturday night slot like Dave Allen before him. I saw Dave Allan live and he was effing and blinding throughout the set, completely unlike MacIntyre.

I think MacIntyre appeal is broader than simply Daily Mail readers. In fact he's probably got almost a broad an appeal as any other British comedian around today.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Jonathon ross swears a lot and gets £6m. McIntyre doesn't and gets £500k. Wouldn't you expect the mail to lead with something more like "BBC encouraging the rape of our children's ears!"

From the figures McIntyre's far better paid than Ross. McINtyre has to do about 10 live shows a year. Ross had to do 40 radio shows, 20-30 Friday NIght shows and the same again of the film programmes. Plus Ross' figures include all the production and wages of the TV show

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ah the monthly bounce of the Wozza McIntyre threads..and nobodys opinions have changed since the one last month. Already looking forward to the February thread.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Take a look at Dominic Lawson.....

dominiclawson_228x300.jpg

BELLEND

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Unfunny? Yes. But "odious"??!!? Jesus, some people need to get a grip. He's just a COMEDIAN you f***ing morons.

At the risk of offending your impenetrable sense of self-importance, I've seen some pretty odious comedians during the past few months. Although I'm not sure if any of them matched the description as neatly as Dominic Lawson.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
If you want a real barrel of laughs just read the opinion page in the grauniad, oh and the letters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here