Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I definitely had too much choice.

I think I had a great team at some point of the tinkering process, but didn't know when to stick.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
5th place, 9th overall and in the 1000 club, Happy with that. :thumbsup:

Bloody hell! Well Done [MENTION=54]teaboy[/MENTION] must be in the top 10, for that stage! :D

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Attachments

• qatar13st5-cav-podium-R.jpg
    qatar13st5-cav-podium-R.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 45

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Have any of you cycled in the Scottish Highlands or in the Cairngorms? Interested in a little trip. :thumbsup:

Places of interest etc.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Tour of Oman open now - I've made a preliminary selection in case I forget. 333 riders listed though so I imagine there'll be plenty from my selection not riding.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I bet motogull wishes someone else had PM'd him with tips!

I'm grateful for any help. Its still a bit random for me, but it was never gonna send me top of the table. Scores getting slightly better all the time.

Got my bike back today. £35 for a new cable and gear service but it feels no different. If it doesn't settle tomorrow, I'm going back to park it somewhere painful.

Cranky

Jan 13, 2007
2nd place for the second competition in a row, will be happy if I can keep that up all season. Without all the premium users who have more points due to the Tour Med [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION] is 4th place in the overall standings, top work! :clap2::clap2:

Tour of Oman might be a bit more interesting as it has few hills in it, still no TV coverage though. :down:

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
Hello, looking for a bit of bike advice. I am thinking about upgrading my wheelset on my Felt bike. I found a good deal on Pro-Lite Bracciano Road Wheelset on Chain Reactions that would be a great value upgrade. However they come with Campagnolo freehubs but my bike has a Shimano groupset. I was wondering whether it is possible to convert them to work with a Shimano casette and relative cost/ease of conversion. Thanks

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Hello, looking for a bit of bike advice. I am thinking about upgrading my wheelset on my Felt bike. I found a good deal on Pro-Lite Bracciano Road Wheelset on Chain Reactions that would be a great value upgrade. However they come with Campagnolo freehubs but my bike has a Shimano groupset. I was wondering whether it is possible to convert them to work with a Shimano casette and relative cost/ease of conversion. Thanks

The short answer is no. The long answer is yes, but it's not worth the time, effort or money to do so when you can get some decent Shimano wheels for a similar price.

What do you want the wheels for? Are you looking for lightweight, or aerodynamic? Clinchers?

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
The short answer is no. The long answer is yes, but it's not worth the time, effort or money to do so when you can get some decent Shimano wheels for a similar price.

What do you want the wheels for? Are you looking for lightweight, or aerodynamic? Clinchers?

I currently have Mavic CXP-22 rims and need some new wheels for my commuter bike so thought it would be a good opportunity to transfer these onto that bike and upgrade to a lighter more responsive wheel on my felt. The Pro-Lite Bracciano Road Wheelset seems to get good reviews and for £250 seem a steal but unfortunately only have them with Campy freehubs. Guess I will keep looking

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Right - that's Oman sorted, until half my team pull out again. I've taken the 'all of the eggs in one basket' approach by ignoring the mountains entirely. How's everyone else playing this one?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
2nd place for the second competition in a row, will be happy if I can keep that up all season. Without all the premium users who have more points due to the Tour Med [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION] is 4th place in the overall standings, top work! :clap2::clap2:

Tour of Oman might be a bit more interesting as it has few hills in it, still no TV coverage though. :down:

Thank you for the plaudits, that is fourth overall excluding premium players though.

:clap: To [MENTION=23986]Glanders[/MENTION], who as the winner of the Tour of Qatar in our league is entitled to a prize. So here it is:

Arabian-Camel.jpg

A Camel!

No podium girls in the Gulf I am afraid just some sheepish looking sheikh doing up your jersey.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Right - that's Oman sorted, until half my team pull out again. I've taken the 'all of the eggs in one basket' approach by ignoring the mountains entirely. How's everyone else playing this one?

I think I'll try my usual tactic -

Pick cav

Pick team, fiddle with team.

Remove riders prior to first stage that end up scoring massive points on said 1st stage.

Transfer back in those same riders by which time everyone else has got them anyway.

Pick wrong sky rider

Get annoyed at having to use transfers for riders that have pulled out.

Console myself with the fact that it's form on june/July that matters not Feb!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
An interesting morning to say the least.

Was under orders to get back as early as possible, so up at 5.40 and out about 6.10.

Obvious from the off the gears were not going to settle. No top set and no 1/7. Absence of the top set was a bit of a pain especially on the descents.

No problem with the cat 4 climb, did not even need bottom gear. Then caught and passed another rider who had not been up it. Made it up the steepest hill on the route soon after, even though not very long, in middle set. Everything was going really well.

I try to 'circle' home and it paid off. Half way out, and possible farthest from home, I saw deflating front. Pumped it and made it down a long descent before it was nearly flat again. A few more attempts before finally giving up and walking back the last 5-6 miles.

The puncture is an occupational hazard of course, so no problem despite missing out on the planned ride. Being charged for something not done is a problem. They're gonna 'redo' it tomorrow despite not doing weekend services, so they said last week.

This fantasy stuff bemuses me a bit. I'd like to think I can have a good stab at the motorbike equivalent, because in gp and wsb, you pretty much 'know' who's gonna bother the podium, but save Cav, I'm hopeless. Ho hum.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
An interesting morning to say the least.

Was under orders to get back as early as possible, so up at 5.40 and out about 6.10.

Obvious from the off the gears were not going to settle. No top set and no 1/7. Absence of the top set was a bit of a pain especially on the descents.

No problem with the cat 4 climb, did not even need bottom gear. Then caught and passed another rider who had not been up it. Made it up the steepest hill on the route soon after, even though not very long, in middle set. Everything was going really well.

I try to 'circle' home and it paid off. Half way out, and possible farthest from home, I saw deflating front. Pumped it and made it down a long descent before it was nearly flat again. A few more attempts before finally giving up and walking back the last 5-6 miles.

The puncture is an occupational hazard of course, so no problem despite missing out on the planned ride. Being charged for something not done is a problem. They're gonna 'redo' it tomorrow despite not doing weekend services, so they said last week.

This fantasy stuff bemuses me a bit. I'd like to think I can have a good stab at the motorbike equivalent, because in gp and wsb, you pretty much 'know' who's gonna bother the podium, but save Cav, I'm hopeless. Ho hum.

Sounds annoying. Out of interest, why didn't you just change the tube whilst out - 5 minute job at most?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here