[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
That looks like a haul in the offing.

I'd imagine I'm fairly average today.

By my calculations that comes to 144 points, so not quite as much as you might think, still pretty solid though.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Bloody premium players BS, not happy at all. I would have been top of the South East and top five overall, but they all get to include their Tour of Mediterranean points too. Now us non payers do not even appear on the table at all as they are only showing what the scores are post Tour of Med Stage 1. They could at least offer a non premium table too .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Quite happy with my 107.

The question is:-

Is something out of the ordinary going to happen to shake up the points scoring?

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
It's shambolic that there isn't 2 separate league's for premium and non-premium members.
Maybe enough to tip me over the edge, and send a E-mail!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone heard of Barry Markus before yesterday? I hadn't.

Oh yes, having tracked his progress carefully in The Dutch Food Valley Classic, I was going to put him in right from the start but thought better of it.

And now for the truth...

...never heard of him and therefore wasn't even a tiny blip on my radar. Even after his showing in stage 3, I thought, like Indurains Lungs, that it was a flash in the pan result. In fact, I'm still not sure whether it's meant to be Barry Markus or Markus Barry :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bloody premium players BS, not happy at all. I would have been top of the South East and top five overall, but they all get to include their Tour of Mediterranean points too. Now us non payers do not even appear on the table at all as they are only showing what the scores are post Tour of Med Stage 1. They could at least offer a non premium table too .

I think clicking the blue - 'Show/hide premium teams' button should do the trick for you. It certainly worked for today stage scores when I tried it.

Well played today btw.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Oh yes, having tracked his progress carefully in The Dutch Food Valley Classic, I was going to put him in right from the start but thought better of it.

And now for the truth...

...never heard of him and therefore wasn't even a tiny blip on my radar. Even after his showing in stage 3, I thought, like Indurains Lungs, that it was a flash in the pan result. In fact, I'm still not sure whether it's meant to be Barry Markus or Markus Barry :lol:

You and Carlton Kirby both. Yesterday he kept calling Markus Barry, over and over again, then he mocked the Qatari announcer for introducing Bookwalter Brent at the jersey ceremony. I'm not a fan of his commentary.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's shambolic that there isn't 2 separate league's for premium and non-premium members.
Maybe enough to tip me over the edge, and send a E-mail!
It's obviously a massive revenue stream, and one they probably hadn't even contemplated just 2 years ago.

Non-prem will get nothing until the cash cow has been done being milked.

Here's a tip -
If you're not good enough to trouble the leader board you won't get hacked off about it :thumbsup:

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Oh, surprise surprise, Taylor Phinney hitting the deck again today if I'm not mistaken? Last year I just felt really sorry for him in the Giro. Now I'm just beginning to think he's been taking bike handling lessons from a certain American sprinter from another team :facepalm:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And in other news...Andy Schleck abandoned today on the first day of the 5 stage race Tour Méditerranéen.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
oh, surprise surprise, taylor phinney hitting the deck again today if i'm not mistaken? Last year i just felt really sorry for him in the giro. Now i'm just beginning to think he's been taking bike handling lessons from a certain manx sprinter from another team :facepalm:

ftfy...

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I'm starting to feel a bit like the long ball game. Last year was my 80s heyday and I got a fair amount of success, like a fantasy league version of Watford under Graham Taylor!

This year, I'm persisting with the same tactics but languishing in the lower reaches. The game has moved on and I've been left behind!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Me and forward thinking don't seem to go hand in hand.

All sprints or all mountains and I'm fine, switching from on to the other and I'm nil points waiting to happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports