Brighton
Cheers, 4 for me.

Argos not in the top 10 then?
Fantasy Cycling being updated, can't remember who else I had. :blush:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was pleased with my 80 until I noticed 1066 had a stellar day.

If only Shimano could TT.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Arabic coverage has started. No TT bikes allowed for this for some reason.

I think they're allowed but they make any TT's in these Asia tours really short so teams can just do them on regular bikes rather than incur the cost and effort of transporting TT bikes all the way down there. At least that's what I read a few weeks back.

Modolo is out of the race. Glad I swapped him out for today, that was coincidental rather than planned.

Yep, he was always coming out of my team for the TTT.

Not sure if you get the points for your riders that dropped out of the main group of their team. Could make a big difference to me, Warbasse and Rasch didn't finish with their teams.

I read on the TTT scoring thread on road.cc the other day that they'd give dropped riders the points too as it was easier that way due to lack of good race results info.

I was pleased with my 80 until I noticed 1066 had a stellar day.

If only Shimano could TT.

Come on now, tell the whole story... Pleased with your 80pts until you saw that 1066 had a stellar day and that 1066 mini FEMALE smashed it and came 5th nationally for the stage! :lolol:

Oh, and as for Argos Shimano in a TT :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on now, tell the whole story... Pleased with your 80pts until you saw that 1066 had a stellar day and that 1066 mini FEMALE smashed it and came 5th nationally for the stage! :lolol:
Oh wow I hadn't looked that closely.
Brilliant stuff, I love it when when lil old us do well nationally.
Chapeau mini 1066 (f)

Oh, and as for Argos Shimano in a TT :lolol:
More out of hope for Johnny D either side of today, with a 'oh you never know' for today.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Oh wow I hadn't looked that closely.
Brilliant stuff, I love it when when lil old us do well nationally.
Chapeau mini 1066 (f)

More out of hope for Johnny D either side of today, with a 'oh you never know' for today.

Thing is I think she had an unfair advantage in not being arsed to getting around to picking a team at all for stage 1. She started with 11 transfers to pick 9 riders, already knowing who the jersey holders were and it being an easy pick because of TTT. The team must have picked itself, but the funny thing is she now has 4 transfers to play with for stage 3! I'm well pleased for her though and, same as you, always glad when one of our own do well nationally. I've said it before and I'll say it again - if they had an inter league competition in the game NSC would be a force to be reckoned with!

Fair point on Johnny D, makes perfect sense.

On a sad note Johnny Hoogerland is in hospital after a training accident with a car that didn't see him. Looks like he'll pull through ok but he's in a bad way apparently. Praying for a full recovery for him, he was a total gent over that TdF barber wire fence incident and this is sad news.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Thing is I think she had an unfair advantage in not being arsed to getting around to picking a team at all for stage 1. She started with 11 transfers to pick 9 riders, already knowing who the jersey holders were and it being an easy pick because of TTT. The team must have picked itself, but the funny thing is she now has 4 transfers to play with for stage 3! I'm well pleased for her though and, same as you, always glad when one of our own do well nationally. I've said it before and I'll say it again - if they had an inter league competition in the game NSC would be a force to be reckoned with!.

That does seem odd, I didn't realise you could carry over 9 transfers! Still, there probably aren't many races where that would be beneficial.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That does seem odd, I didn't realise you could carry over 9 transfers! Still, there probably aren't many races where that would be beneficial.

I assume they just added the daily 2 free transfers to the original 9 she never used as she didn't pick a team at all for stage 1 :shrug:

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
FINALLY I get back online (been moving house) to find a couple of my team not riding. Transfers made, and fingers crossed.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Anyone else gonna be watching today, or are you all gonna leave me wittering along to myself like a mental as happened yesterday? :lolol:

Weather forecast says only a light wind, so less attritional than the first two days, hope to see a proper sprint finish today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone else gonna be watching today, or are you all gonna leave me wittering along to myself like a mental as happened yesterday? :lolol:

Weather forecast says only a light wind, so less attritional than the first two days, hope to see a proper sprint finish today.
I'm in, once I've finished listening to this podcast.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm in with Matt Rendall's commentary!!

Could be messy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
OPQ have a giant riding 3rd wheel.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tree, there's a tree.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have missed a good aerial peloton shot.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Well that was easy. Seriously chaotic sprint, Degenkolb went crazy early, couple of surprise names up there too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Never in doubt, irrespective of the fact I couldn't pick Cav until 50m to go.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well that was easy. Seriously chaotic sprint, Degenkolb went crazy early, couple of surprise names up there too.
It's funny what the pressure of organisation can do to the 'other' teams.

Cannondale went mentals for 50 metres around the 200 mark for nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here