Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In-case you have missed it, Bradley Wiggins: A Year In Yellow, is on 'Pick TV' Freeview channel 011.

Edit: It's on now.
I wasn't going to watch it, as it's not like I'll learn anything new.
Naturally I started watching, and all it's done is confirm one thing:-

I'M REALLY GOING TO STRUGGLE WITH PHIL LIGGETT, THIS YEAR.

You guys need to 'control' my output over this, or by jimmey you're going to get tired pretty quick.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm liking this 10 instead of 20 penalty points for extra transfers. Sometimes you can cover it with Jersey points alone and set yourself up a stage ahead for where you want to be. I think this was an appeasement for us standard players considering how they stitched us up on unlimited transfer carry overs for premium players. I can see me taking the 10pt hit quite a lot this season.

Edit: Bollox, not quite enough in the kitty to do it tonight anyway.

Cranky

Jan 13, 2007
Top of the league for the first time ever, not sure it will last long.

I may have an slight advantage in that I have watched every stage so far, being on night shifts does have its advantages sometimes.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

You guys need to 'control' my output over this, or by jimmey you're going to get tired pretty quick.

I'm with you. Watching the recording of last night's stage his previous failings now seem massively annoying!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

I'm with you. Watching the recording of last night's stage his previous failings now seem massively annoying!

In case either of you haven't read it yet - you might find this thread interesting: BikeRadar.com View topic - Sherwen and Liggett F E C K O F F please

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
All this 'transfer' stuff doesn't seem to be helping people much. My tactics of 'pick and stick' so far has me the GC leader, Sprint 1 and 2 and Mountains 1 and 2. Easy.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
124, 83, 65, 126.

I do feel I may have peaked too soon, and expect to be an abject failure by Paris-Nice before giving up after the first rest day of the Tour. The summit finish of Stage 5 may well be my undoing...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All this 'transfer' stuff doesn't seem to be helping people much. My tactics of 'pick and stick' so far has me the GC leader, Sprint 1 and 2 and Mountains 1 and 2. Easy.
Beautiful move, getting chesty after stage 4 of TDU.

Straight out of my play book, good work fella :doffscapinappriciation:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Banking on a big day tomorrow. Really happy with my team, for once I feel like I have most of the favourites, of course this means someone random will win it from nowhere.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm quite pleased with Team Stat.
The quota of antipodeans has gone right down.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
158, 53, 70, 54. Too much tinkering. But I can't resist and have made another two changes for tonight. A night for Amador, I hope...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here