[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Thanks all done

You are in. Making you team number 19 in our league, and the first outside the NSC 'official' World Tour 18. I think that makes you Katusha in some roundabout way.

Also...

Have a look at them points, 171! I told you form chasing was a viable tactic. I would also like to apologise to Matt Goss for comparing him to a second rate ginger midfielder :lolol:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The wrong bloody movistar rider again!

I know full well if I sub him in then the one I sub out will do well

Rojas was a good pick I think, this was his sort of stage. Amador may come good on the (laughably named) 'queen' stage on Saturday, it is like putting the beacon in a race and acting like it is the Alpe d'Huez.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
One final thought on today's stage, Andy Schleck. WTF is up with this fella, he came in 124th out of 130, 16 minutes and 47 seconds down, I know he has been working for the team in this Tour but that is shocking.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I'm playing this as a purist. Alternatively I have no idea what I'm doing but had a good start. Or I'm too lazy to transfer riders as I'd need to look at the list AND the stage AND count things...

Yep, definitely a purist.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
One final thought on today's stage, Andy Schleck. WTF is up with this fella, he came in 124th out of 130, 16 minutes and 47 seconds down, I know he has been working for the team in this Tour but that is shocking.

Is that why he only cost about 3? Maybe he's missing his brother's influence...

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Is that why he only cost about 3? Maybe he's missing his brother's influence...

I suppose so, I know he isn't going for the win here but you would never see Contador, Evans or Wiggins finish that far down even if they were on domestique duties.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
14 times more points than yesterday!.

I also went for Rojas, and listened to [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION] and pulled Goss :facepalm:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
71 points yesterday, those 30 pen. points hit me hard but were they worth it? ???

No, that said I have taken 10 penalty points for tonight's stage as I messed up a bit, and clicked the wrong rider then confirmed it without double checking, school boy error :nono:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
14 times more points than yesterday!.

I also went for Rojas, and listened to [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION] and pulled Goss :facepalm:

:lolol: I didn't, some times it is just luck this game, would have got rid of him but other riders were worse.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Just watched the rerun on Sky, that was some finish from Slagter. He found himself at the front much earlier than he wanted to be then just hit the gas anyway and outpaced Gilbert, Goss and Thomas, he is gonna take some stopping in this race.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
In-case you have missed it, Bradley Wiggins: A Year In Yellow, is on 'Pick TV' Freeview channel 011.

Edit: It's on now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just watched the rerun on Sky, that was some finish from Slagter. He found himself at the front much earlier than he wanted to be then just hit the gas anyway and outpaced Gilbert, Goss and Thomas, he is gonna take some stopping in this race.

I know it wasn't a summit finish but I read a piece the other week about him being the future Purito. Big ask on both counts, but perhaps there's even a touch of AVV in there too? With a bit of luck we'll be seeing big things from him in the Classics this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports