Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yep, great start and good to see. Do they know just what they've let themselves in for though I wonder? Obsessives beware!

I have a small confession to make. I got up at about 2.30am yesterday to watch a stream. Tuned in just right as I didn't have to wait long to see the break caught and the charge to the bottom of Corkscrew Hill. And then watching Geraint Thomas on Corkscrew! :eek: I've watched numerous videos of that climb recently (as you do) but he just flew up it!...very impressive indeed! I never knew he had that in him to be honest. On that showing we could see an impressive season from him.

Btw, Phil telling us about the touristic delights of Adelaide in proper tourist board sponsored segments DURING race commentary really was a step too far at that time in the morning, but Robbie McEwen knows his onions and called everything spot on.

But I don't think that I watch as much as you do!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Oh, didn't know that (the late bit). Will there be an overall points tally at the end of the season?

Yes, you can look at both the overall and current competition on the leagues tab.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have a small confession to make. I got up at about 2.30am yesterday to watch a stream. Tuned in just right as I didn't have to wait long to see the break caught and the charge to the bottom of Corkscrew Hill. And then watching Geraint Thomas on Corkscrew! :eek:

:rave::rave::lol::lol::lol::lolol::lol::lol::lol::rave::rave:

I flipping well knew it.

1 solitary day you lasted, 1 day :lolol:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I've taken the coward's way out and transferred in G to guarantee some jersey points!

Is that the coward's way? I have too.

Me too, it is the only sensible thing to do. If he wants to win it he will need to be at the front in what is likely to be a pretty select group at the end. Form chasing is generally a pretty decent tactic.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No point copying everyone else, so I've gone in a different direction.
I have every confidence in scoring more points tomorrow, than today.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So I'm assuming there's SIX sets of Jayco intermediate sprint points available seeing as they do the Sterling circuit 6 times this year?

That could mean a hell of a lot of fantasy points for the breakaway riders.

Please let my UniSA man chose this stage to be the team man for the daily break.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
So I'm assuming there's SIX sets of Jayco intermediate sprint points available seeing as they do the Sterling circuit 6 times this year?

That could mean a hell of a lot of fantasy points for the breakaway riders.

Surely they won't give out points on every circuit - just a couple of nominated ones?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Surely they won't give out points on every circuit - just a couple of nominated ones?

I would have thought so yes. Usually no more than two or three in a stage. Just putting it out there as a question really.

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
Hi am I too late to join the mighty NSC league? not sure what I am doing but my name is catchymonkey and if I fill my team with Aussies I'm sure to win right?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hi am I too late to join the mighty NSC league? not sure what I am doing but my name is catchymonkey and if I fill my team with Aussies I'm sure to win right?
[MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION] will drop you in, it's never too late.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

[MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION] will drop you in, it's never too late.

SB is correct, it is never too late. The league id is 76139 just apply to join and I will approve your application asap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here