Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

JoePrecious

Mar 3, 2009
[video]http://www.kinomap.com/watch/n2x9z3[/video]

Blimey! I thought that the gravel sections would just be normal roads with a bit of gravel on, but those are proper farm tracks. I like how his cadence drops at the point he has to stop peddling to bunny-hop over the bigger holes!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Can't wait for highlights tonight. Apparently it's all kicked off with echelons splitting the Peloton. Kittel in front group though, among others.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not a good start to my seasons betting campaign.

Gallopin launches an attack as I thought he would inside the last 4km, but it was never going to stick to be fair. Sits up a bit for a second bite of the cherry in the sprint only to get a puncture inside the last 2km.

Matthews working hard to stay at the front with Sky and out of trouble. There for the sprint but no Impey to help as he had a mechanical at about 5km out :facepalm:

If this is the shape of things to come then it looks like being another betting loss season rather than a profit one :(

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Oh dear. The Peloton naughty boy might be getting detention today. 100 lines concerning elbows might be on the agenda.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh dear. The Peloton naughty boy might be getting detention today. 100 lines concerning elbows might be on the agenda.
There was a moment when I thought you were going to beat the bookies with Tony Galloping, it's a shame it was only fleeting.

It turns out I'll never win Fantasy all the time:-

A - I don't learn the rules - 100 points not 90. :facepalm:
2 - Jeff Soup is always the first name on my team sheet. double :facepalm:

It seems I only made one good choice yesterday - cycling over football.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Only found out last night velogames are doing fantasy Torino Adriatico too. No time to set up a league as back late from the game last night. I've literally just picked a team in one minute flat and entered.
If anyone has time to set up a league for us can they put up the code here please? Deadline is somewhere around dinnertime today.
Cheers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Only found out last night velogames are doing fantasy Torino Adriatico too. No time to set up a league as back late from the game last night. I've literally just picked a team in one minute flat and entered.
If anyone has time to set up a league for us can they put up the code here please? Deadline is somewhere around dinnertime today.
Cheers.

Pretty painless:-

League Code: 09094721

I guess I need to add Billy Bonnet to Jeff Soup as points losing habits that I really need to move away from :facepalm:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Pretty painless:-

League Code: 09094721

I guess I need to add Billy Bonnet to Jeff Soup as points losing habits that I really need to move away from :facepalm:

Thanks SB.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
There was a moment when I thought you were going to beat the bookies with Tony Galloping, it's a shame it was only fleeting.

It turns out I'll never win Fantasy all the time:-

A - I don't learn the rules - 100 points not 90. :facepalm:
2 - Jeff Soup is always the first name on my team sheet. double :facepalm:

It seems I only made one good choice yesterday - cycling over football.

Having looked at the parcours and in context I knew Gallopin wouldn't be able to resist attacking, and I thought he might be able to make it stick. In all honesty though I only got excited for a few seconds at the time as you could see he was never going to make it.

I am left wondering what Gougeard could have done today though had the snow not intervened :(

P.S. Looks like I've won Terrino-Adriactico, seeing as I'm the only one entered in our league :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
P.S. Looks like I've won Terrino-Adriactico, seeing as I'm the only one entered in our league :lol:
Me and Team Bonnet are in the race.
I assume I can still enter the league once they have opened it again after totting up today's scores.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Me and Team Bonnet are in the race.
I assume I can still enter the league once they have opened it again after totting up today's scores.

Not sure, but even if you are able to enter later... Seeing as it's only you, my point still stands :p

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Me too.

Lots of miles out there so far today.
It was too good to be true, this afternoon.

Me and Phil made the fatal mistake of extending our ride at each opportunity while upping the pace. :facepalm:

It was pretty brutal at the end - when will we learn!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here