Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Funk it.

I sacked off chrome, because my laptop kept telling me my system was gonna stop supporting it. That marvellous strava extension is no good for ie or firefox.

I'm getting the same message, re: Chrome, and I'll certainly not be upgrading my old laptop all the time it's still working.
I may have a look at Opera as a browser (worked well on an old mobile before). I've no idea if Opera will support Strava bells & whistles, but I'm sure there's more options out there than just IE or Firefox.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
For those with Eurosport. Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne highlights well worth a watch later.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just watched it live on Eurosport. It happened.

And 1066 is right, it was excellent.

Did you do the Puncheur?
No not warm enough this year :lol:
Although I have a busy week in the saddle ahead and a few miles planned (except one of the days is Tuesday :facepalm:).

My winter 'hack' was scheduled to arrive last week, so I booked a couple of days off work this week.
The 'hack' was delayed for a third time, so I've postponed the order until September, but I'm still left with a couple of days riding

What happened with the motorbike?
I saw one get in the way as a fella hopped off the path onto the cobbles, then we popped into the village.
So missed the main 'incident;.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
No not warm enough this year :lol:
Although I have a busy week in the saddle ahead and a few miles planned (except one of the days is Tuesday :facepalm:).

My winter 'hack' was scheduled to arrive last week, so I booked a couple of days off work this week.
The 'hack' was delayed for a third time, so I've postponed the order until September, but I'm still left with a couple of days riding

What happened with the motorbike?
I saw one get in the way as a fella hopped off the path onto the cobbles, then we popped into the village.
So missed the main 'incident;.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...acebook&utm_medium=Social#FguKuuIlf0MZbRWw.99

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No. I find that impossible to believe. It's always balmy for the Puncheur, that's why I love it so much.
[MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION]? Anyone?

Yesterday another Colin I ride with did the Mad Jack Audax around Hastings and Robertsbridge.
Nothing odd in that, other than the route.

As I only have the far flung East Sussex Geeks Strava rides to base my knowledge on, I was expecting Colin to have a 76 mile day in the saddle with plenty of rolling countryside linked by great expanses of flat roads.

After all that's what 'they' are always riding.

So imagine my surprise to see over 8.000ft of climbing while going up hill for 52% of the ride time.

Shame on you hill dodgers :lolol:

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yesterday another Colin I ride with did the Mad Jack Audax around Hastings and Robertsbridge.
Nothing odd in that, other than the route.

As I only have the far flung East Sussex Geeks Strava rides to base my knowledge on, I was expecting Colin to have a 76 mile day in the saddle with plenty of rolling countryside linked by great expanses of flat roads.

After all that's what 'they' are always riding.

So imagine my surprise to see over 8.000ft of climbing while going up hill for 52% of the ride time.

Shame on you hill dodgers :lolol:

Some of our club riders do that Audax. Looks a good one.
To be fair I've done a few solo hilly efforts of about that distance, but yes, plenty of rides I do have long flat stretches too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some of our club riders do that Audax. Looks a good one.
To be fair I've done a few solo hilly efforts of about that distance, but yes, plenty of rides I do have long flat stretches too.
:kiss:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
That bike channel showed me one of the points of fat bikes. I knew they could handle sand, which is pointless, but they also do snow too. I'll pass.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
This weather is shit.

I got all ready to go for a ride today, and nipped down to watch the half marathon go past first, to cheer on a few friends. But it was so cold, that I am afraid that any mojo I had was completely removed. I have been inside ever since.

I have had enough. I blame Cameron.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Beauty of Hastings is that within just a few miles of our doorstep we have a choice of at least half a dozen hills between 10 - 25% and plenty of scope for looping them together to get things as hilly as you like. Brilliant area to cycle in and probably knocks spots off of anything West Sussex has to offer :)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This weather is shit.

I got all ready to go for a ride today, and nipped down to watch the half marathon go past first, to cheer on a few friends. But it was so cold, that I am afraid that any mojo I had was completely removed. I have been inside ever since.

I must admit that my mojo has completely deserted me this winter. Weather and circumstances haven't been kind but I've just not really been up for it on the rare occasions opportunities have presented themselves.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I must admit that my mojo has completely deserted me this winter. Weather and circumstances haven't been kind but I've just not really been up for it on the rare occasions opportunities have presented themselves.

Roll on the summer, eh, 1066? I know how you love it when it's hot.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Roll on the summer, eh, 1066? I know how you love it when it's hot.

Yeah, there's that as well :( All the more reason to feel bad about myself when I don't make the most of the other three seasons.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Beauty of Hastings is that within just a few miles of our doorstep we have a choice of at least half a dozen hills between 10 - 25% and plenty of scope for looping them together to get things as hilly as you like. Brilliant area to cycle in and probably knocks spots off of anything West Sussex has to offer :)
Easy tiger, them be fightin words.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This weather is shit.

But shouldn't you and [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] be training?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here