Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This is heart in the mouth stuff watching the Roubaix. Still anyone's race. Everyone's to lose.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Pleased to see Gaudin in a group off the front with G and Boonen. Nothing will come of it as too many passengers in the group, and the chase is too strong, but it's more than I expected from Gaudin at the beginning of the day.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Come on G go chase him

Very fast race again with lots of headwind. G did far too much work in that Boonen/Gaudin group from about 60k out too. Had nothing left in the end, a bit like the rest really which is why Terpstra was able to ride away. Hats off to Terpstra for making the best of his chances - he's been in fine form so far this season and thoroughly deserved the win.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Have we ever had two British riders in the top 10

From the BBC

Attachments

• PR 2014.jpg
    PR 2014.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 102

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm still knackered from that.

Some lovely cameos, Thor, Brad, G, Sagan, etc.

There was some brutally tough riding esp from Boonen & VanM.

It's amazing how close the chasers kept getting to the group in front only to blow up on the next pave.
Bit of a shame Brad was running on fumes, he might have been able to TT home instead of Terpstra.
Not that I'm taking anything away from Niki, my legs were burning just sat on the sofa.

From the weekend betting thread, although obviously not rocket science it is still 3rd 5th & 8th, which isn't a bad showing.
(all money again kept safely under the mattress, Ardennes might be able to lure me back)

Cancellara will win @ 13/8.
Stybar might and is certainly better value @ 14/1
Langeveld @ 66/1 might be worth an ew nibble.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Hope you had a nice holiday. Good decision to hold off on the results for Flanders - it was indeed a cracker of a race!

Devolder taking the pay back for all those crashes last week though as he doesn't start today. Be interesting to see how much it might affect Canc not having a team mate alongside him towards the end, but to be honest I don't think it will make any difference at all. Spartacus is in amazing form and Devolder seems to spend most of his time at the back anyway.

I'm not hopeful of my very early bet of Gaudin doing anything at all today. Not in good form, and despite a little attack at Flanders, he ended that race as a DNF. All my outsider hopes are left with Phinney now. Cancellara must be even more of a favourite than usual this year - his race to lose you'd think, but still a lottery. Sep Vanmarcke probably the best chance of beating him.

Horton - only audio coverage I can see via steephill links is the radio 5 one you already know about. Sorry.

I had a lovely time, thanks - skiing, which is so much easier when you are cycle-fit.

What a race today. It was great to be there last year, but I'd have swapped it for that - incredible stuff.

I've had a binge today - Tour of Flanders followed by the Hell of the North. I presume there were no other sporting events that I may have missed?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Which is the tougher event? Flanders or PR? Cadence today looked mad all race.

One of 'us' had a big ride today. 3 x my distance and much better average mph. Massive respect.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm still knackered from that.

Some lovely cameos, Thor, Brad, G, Sagan, etc.

There was some brutally tough riding esp from Boonen & VanM.

It's amazing how close the chasers kept getting to the group in front only to blow up on the next pave.
Bit of a shame Brad was running on fumes, he might have been able to TT home instead of Terpstra.
Not that I'm taking anything away from Niki, my legs were burning just sat on the sofa.

From the weekend betting thread, although obviously not rocket science it is still 3rd 5th & 8th, which isn't a bad showing.
(all money again kept safely under the mattress, Ardennes might be able to lure me back)

I think that sums it up.

I was knackered watching that too. Exhilarating stuff. I was screaming at the TV. I actually think that had GT been a bit more selfish then he may have made the podium. You could see the thought process in his riding at the 40k mark. Do I keep it all together or do I risk going out with Tom Boonen.

Thought Brad rode an intelligent ride. Kept out of trouble and just aimed to be in it to win it in the final stages.

Sagan was highly entertaining with his attacking, sitting back, attacking, sitting back etc.

It was Cancellara that got it wrong I think. He watched the race run away from him and I guess just didn't have the legs to do it.

Some interesting street furniture in there. Those Frenchies keeping us laughing by putting unmarked furniture in the way. What jokers they are! Just hope that those who came a cropper are ok today. Ah well, as I'm learning, that why the Queen of the Classics is arguably the best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here