Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But riding your bike was your first thought, which, if I'm not mistaken, has not always been the case these past couple of years.

That, of itself, is good.

It's gonna be one hell of a summer.
That's very kind, and true.
I could have done with that motivational speech 8 hours ago.
It might have stopped me eating the entire contents of the house, out of boredom.

Oh Moto. The highlights are on right now, and the tension has been removed. :annoyed:

D'oh.

Sorry, I'm such a nobber sometimes.

:ffsparr:

Shame on you Moto, don't tell me you need a golden rule update:-

#1 - No binfests
#2 - No recent results - unless discussing event live with others.
#3 - There is no rule 3.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Come on chaps, the sensible thing is to not read a thread laden with pro cycling chat if you don't want to know a result...

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Come on chaps, the sensible thing is to not read a thread laden with pro cycling chat if you don't want to know a result...

Unfortunately, this.

You can't check for highlight times just so you know when you can post about the race!

Oh, I know that, and I am not annoyed with Moto. How could anyone be? It was my fault, I usually avoid this thread during all races, as I only ever get the chance to see the highlights.

Sometimes, though, I can't resist a little peek. Sod's Law that I chose the wrong moment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I always take the approach that a good race should be encouraged to be watched, while alluding to the result, without saying what it is.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I need a pair of reasonable MTB shoes, where could I get some from? They have to not have the clip part which goes onto the pedal. I am a bit of a amateur

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I need a pair of reasonable MTB shoes, where could I get some from? They have to not have the clip part which goes onto the pedal. I am a bit of a amateur

If you want cleat-less shoes, then trainers will do!

Having said that, check out eBay, Wiggle etc, and read reviews. Aldi and Lidless often have bike stuff on sale, mad their MTB shoes are fine.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does anyone have any email contact details for Team Sky, that are better than those on offer on their website.

They just have a generic fill out in 200 characters, or an email address for the press.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Does anyone have any email contact details for Team Sky, that are better than those on offer on their website.

They just have a generic fill out in 200 characters, or an email address for the press.

What's it for? I could ask Will Foth for the details if it was for something reasonable (feel free to pm me if you want).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What's it for? I could ask Will Foth for the details if it was for something reasonable (feel free to pm me if you want).
Oh it's something and nothing.

Unbeknownst to us back at school, after last years ToB, Jnr Stat had to write a poem.
He wrote his pretty bizarre 'poem' (he's no Pam Ayres) about London, Team Sky, and Sir Bradley Wiggins, (he didn't even attempt to rhyme SBWiggins, very bizarre!) which subsequently got chosen by some Young Writers group and has been published in a Monster Poetry book.

Naturally we've removed the cynical nature of having to fork out for the book, and are proud (albeit concerned about the inner workings of his mind, very very bizarre!!) of our published poet son, and wanted to share it with the inspiration.
As the email would inc a photo of his work and the book cover I figured I might as well inc the 'legendary' photo of the day in question, plus him pre sportive in Full Kit mode.

As said, it's something and nothing, and certainly not worth any hassle.
I guess I was just hoping for a teamskyfans@sky.com type email address, for some PR to pick up.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'm going up with my colleague to look at bikes on Friday. Any old excuse for a browse.

Thanks [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] for the Diadora tip off. I thought Spurts Direct did that brand so I went in for a look. The only shoes in there are Muddy Fox, a rather agricultural looking MTB and a single velcro road. £25 was a bit tempting though, but I'll swerve them. Also saw £10 bib shorts which are a bit of a freebie at that price. Same size as non bib version but couldn't get both straps over. Thought it was gonna rip in half.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Oh it's something and nothing.

Unbeknownst to us back at school, after last years ToB, Jnr Stat had to write a poem.
He wrote his pretty bizarre 'poem' (he's no Pam Ayres) about London, Team Sky, and Sir Bradley Wiggins, (he didn't even attempt to rhyme SBWiggins, very bizarre!) which subsequently got chosen by some Young Writers group and has been published in a Monster Poetry book.

Naturally we've removed the cynical nature of having to fork out for the book, and are proud (albeit concerned about the inner workings of his mind, very very bizarre!!) of our published poet son, and wanted to share it with the inspiration.
As the email would inc a photo of his work and the book cover I figured I might as well inc the 'legendary' photo of the day in question, plus him pre sportive in Full Kit mode.

As said, it's something and nothing, and certainly not worth any hassle.
I guess I was just hoping for a teamskyfans@sky.com type email address, for some PR to pick up.

I'll ask anyway.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I'm thinking of getting my 1st road bike and am tempted by the Cube Peloton Race. Does anyone on here have one or have an opinion on it? I've got a Cube LTD Pro 29 hardtail mountain bike, which I think is brilliant in the dirt. But it doesn't quite give me what I need on the road, ie speed!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm thinking of getting my 1st road bike and am tempted by the Cube Peloton Race. Does anyone on here have one or have an opinion on it? I've got a Cube LTD Pro 29 hardtail mountain bike, which I think is brilliant in the dirt. But it doesn't quite give me what I need on the road, ie speed!
The Peloton Race is smack bang in the most competitive market. £500-£1000.

Every manufacturer has a rival, and that suits you.
The usual advise is to shop around and try as many bikes as you can.
You'll need the best wheels you can get, coupled with a good drivetrain.

The Cube may well still come out on top, but there may also be THE bike that ticks all the boxes and feels right.
After just a few try outs you'll pick up a good idea as to what fits you.
They may all look the same but the geometry of each bike will be slightly different.

KEY ADVISE - BUY THE BIKE YOU LOVE.
Don't settle for the one you like, you'll not ride it as much (no matter how better it is) than the bike you LOVE.

If after all that it still ends up the Cube.
Chain Reaction seem to have the permanently on sale, which will give you leverage when closing the deal at your LBS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here