Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Rumours that the Tour of Britain will be finishing in Brighton this year. The route will be announced soon.

I would pop down to see that, but my partner will be 39 weeks preggers by then, so I'll probably have to give it a miss.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Rumours that the Tour of Britain will be finishing in Brighton this year. The route will be announced soon.

I would pop down to see that, but my partner will be 39 weeks preggers by then, so I'll probably have to give it a miss.
Nearly:-

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/raci...rpool-criterium-open-2014-tour-britain-119343

That would mean the Albion not playing, at home, on 13.9.14.

Oh and if the peloton goes up Ditchling Beacon without really changing gear, can it still be classed as 'challenging'?

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]450418946626183169[/tweet]

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I recommend this to the house.
5-Live did a Bespoke special about Paris-Roubaix, t'is a fairly broad brush, with some nice touches.
In particular, certainly one for [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] and [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION], would be the presenter, not Will Buckley, (I'm seeing Albion players everywhere except celebrating a goal) having his first ride on Pave.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03yqmmj

It's also available on podcast, as this only has 3 days left to run on I-Player.

Oh and 5-live Sports Extra will be doing live commentary of the race, which is nice.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I recommend this to the house.
5-Live did a Bespoke special about Paris-Roubaix, t'is a fairly broad brush, with some nice touches.
In particular, certainly one for [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] and [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION], would be the presenter, not Will Buckley, (I'm seeing Albion players everywhere except celebrating a goal) having his first ride on Pave.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03yqmmj

It's also available on podcast, as this only has 3 days left to run on I-Player.

Oh and 5-live Sports Extra will be doing live commentary of the race, which is nice.

Will check this out. Thank Stat.

Looking forward to seeing it this year whilst sat on a nice soft cushion!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Now confirmed, it would appear to be an open house round at 1066's:-

http://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/news/9568.php#.UznFCKhdU1I

You'd be very welcome, but you won't see bugger all from my house. They're probably too scared to come to Hastings, and especially East Hastings where I am :lol:

However, a train to Hastings or Bexhill and a mass NSC cycle over to say High and Over to see them come up from Alfriston (assuming they come up that way) could be a goer as you'd avoid the really big crowds and be treated to stunning scenery and a great ride there and back.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
You'd be very welcome, but you won't see bugger all from my house. They're probably too scared to come to Hastings, and especially East Hastings where I am :lol:

However, a train to Hastings or Bexhill and a mass NSC cycle over to say High and Over to see them come up from Alfriston (assuming they come up that way) could be a goer as you'd avoid the really big crowds and be treated to stunning scenery and a great ride there and back.

A little under 6 months to get the Mrs to agree to this. I'll give it a go.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and London will revert back to having a TT in the morning, happy days.

I'd imagine we'll be up in London for the last day, so will probably just head to our nearest ride by point, on the Saturday.
We will be where ever that lowest point is down from Haslemere.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Grrrr, day off, lovely day, back agony.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here