Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Would be really happy to have Stat posting again, if only in here amongst 2 wheeled friends.

Have f***** my back up again & have the worst sciatic pain down my right side. Leg is numb from the knee down, so no riding for me for a while by the looks of it!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Would be really happy to have Stat posting again, if only in here amongst 2 wheeled friends.

Have f***** my back up again & have the worst sciatic pain down my right side. Leg is numb from the knee down, so no riding for me for a while by the looks of it!
Oh God…all the best for a speedy recovery.

Being fair weather these days, I don’t think my bike will get much use until, I don’t know, March?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Ouch! Hopefully you're doing stretches for it. About the only thing to bring relief for Sciatica.
Hope it gets better soon.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Heard Cav say its the toughest route hes ever seen?? Hopefully he can grab his stage win quick and climb off before it gets too brutal! 😁

Watched some of the presentation last night, and it looks set up for another Pog / Ving battle to the end. Never been a huge fan of the final stage on to the Champs Elysees if Im honest, so it'll be a refreshing change of scenery seeing it roll around Monaco & Nice for the last couple of days. The hills & countryside around there are absolutely stunning.

If anyone is thinking of going over to watch the race, I can recommend heading to the stage start in Orleans, especially with a rest day there the day before. The cathedral is spectacular, especially if you catch the light show projected on it at night - its a beautiful city, and easy to get to. One of the small suburb communities (La Chapelle St Mesmin) is twinned with Newhaven, & its a lovely area with the Loire river & surrounding countryside on the doorstep. You also have Chateau de Chambord just down the road (they pass about 10km away by the looks of it on the TDF), which was said to be the inspiration for the Beauty & the Beast castle.

View attachment 168640View attachment 168641

Will be a very different finale after watching a procession into Paris every year since 1990....but maybe its something they can continue to do, every now and again, to break up the monotony?

A few years ago we stayed in Orleans to break the journey driving back from Spain. A beautiful city centre and cathedral.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Ouch! Hopefully you're doing stretches for it. About the only thing to bring relief for Sciatica.
Hope it gets better soon.
Really struggling tbh and taking quite a few pills alongside the stretching and rest etc. Already been referred for an MRI with my history (I had spine surgery 10 years ago after bursting a disc) as the pain feels very similar to then. Hopefully it is just a trapped nerve and nothing more sinister.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Really struggling tbh and taking quite a few pills alongside the stretching and rest etc. Already been referred for an MRI with my history (I had spine surgery 10 years ago after bursting a disc) as the pain feels very similar to then. Hopefully it is just a trapped nerve and nothing more sinister.
Sorry to hear that. Hope it's good news from the MRI and that you get better soon.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Speaking of @Stat Brother, I also haven’t seen @Bold Seagull post anything for a while.

Hope they’re both okay? If you read this, fellas, let us know.
All good thanks! I got an actual job in July and got a bit more disciplined with it. So went cold turkey on social media and nsc. Still going to games, actually saw you at the semi final but we were going in opposite directions. So yeah very few posts but checkin every now and again - I annoy people at work now rather than people on here!! :lolol:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

Sad news. I stopped subscribing earlier this year to GCN+, purely because I wasn't finding the time to sit down and watch any racing / documentaries....but for those in Aus / USA etc, this will be a huge loss as its basically the only place they can find live European racing. Huge mistake to drop it by Warner Bros IMO, and undoes all the hard work by Dan Lloyd and the crew getting it up and running a couple of years ago in conjunction with Eurosport....so purely a by-product of a new parent company taking over everything and changing things up. Bit crap really 😤

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
hey all,

long time since i have posted, hope everyone is well. I got myself a E-bike (Eovolt Afternoon) back in May and absolutely love it.
what bike insurance do you all recommend?
Hey there Zukey!

My bikes are on my house insurance. Apparently they’re covered if stolen even if not from home.

Not that I would ever leave a valuable bike anywhere when out and about. I have a ‘pub and Amex’ bike for that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wish I’d seen this before! 😂
Who’s touching you in Athens?
A notice to @Tarpon.

Nobody is touching me.
Nobody is getting within touching distance, of me.

Because this time I'm not meeting up with a bunch of social misfits who've forgotten they are men of Sussex and we don't do that shite.

#I"mTheNormalOne.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
A notice to @Tarpon.

Nobody is touching me.
Nobody is getting within touching distance, of me.

Because this time I'm not meeting up with a bunch of social misfits who've forgotten they are men of Sussex and we don't do that shite.

#I"mTheNormalOne.
Can’t wait to give you a massive bear hug next time I see you.

What’s @Tarpon’s involvement in this?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
hey all,

long time since i have posted, hope everyone is well. I got myself a E-bike (Eovolt Afternoon) back in May and absolutely love it.

Can't recommend any insurance but just want to say aren't e-bikes great? Like all the fun parts of cycling but without the hard work.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can’t wait to give you a massive bear hug next time I see you.

What’s @Tarpon’s involvement in this?
NEVER TOUCH ME AGAIN.

I will scream for a policeman.

We're giving Tarps a lift to the ticket hotel.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Big hugs.
Moo-ma Stat has early onset dementia - tbh she's had it for about 30 years.

I know it's now actually kicking in because last week she tried to show some form of physical affection towards me, by wafting her hand in my general direction, as I left her place.

We've not touched since I learned to do pooh-poohs in my potty.
The word awkward doesn't even begin to describe the interaction.

#ImTheNormalOne.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here