Currently who is your player of the season ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
No because it was idiocy at 3-0 up. Thankfully two of the suspended games were against Wrexham

But if the next three fixtures were Wesy Ham, Palace and Birmingham then thats a completely different story.

We need him on the pitch not serving suspensions for idiocy.

Meh. It happened and it didn't cost us. I'm glad we're showing some bollocks

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I would say Bridcutt without a doubt but people suggesting Dunk why? He has stepped up to the mark ok he has an appalling disciplinary record is unpredictable in the tackle and very poor in the air for a chap of his size. Taking into a ccount where he rose from yes he has been quite good but player of the season please. Greer offers much more justification.

Very, very harsh, a lot of his disciplinary problems are due to his inexperience and he must be doing something as a whole lot of Premier teams are watching him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes they are and he will learn from it and presumably premier clubs see his potential and would develope that but we are talking on here of the player of the season and I am giving the reason why he isnt.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Bridcutt & Buckley
followed by Greer & CMS
followed by Dunk
followed by Jara

And I still love BETHENTAY.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I would say Bridcutt without a doubt but people suggesting Dunk why? He has stepped up to the mark ok he has an appalling disciplinary record is unpredictable in the tackle and very poor in the air for a chap of his size. Taking into a ccount where he rose from yes he has been quite good but player of the season please. Greer offers much more justification.

Are you for real? Our defensive record is better than 2nd place Southampton and he's a big reason why. Appalling disciplinary record - how may red cards has he received this season, as compared with, say, Greer, Barnes, Painter, Taricco and Vincelot?

Google Lewis Dunk and you'll see Wolves and Everton being linked, various blogs i.e. Spurs bigging him up.

Good passer, cool head. Impressive.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How many yellow cards as he received? Our defensive record is good and is due to a combined effort of all of the defenders not just him as many seem to insinuate. A major factor in our defensive record is the limit that Bridcutt allows the ooposition. As I have said other clubs are looking, nobody has bid for him as far as we know so are only interested as opposed to Clyne of Palace who have had a bid. Premier clubs would have noticed his weaknesses and are undecided as yet and his record for yellow cards must come into their thinking along with his ability or lack of in the air, It must also be said that he has been greatly influenced by playing along side of Greer and El Abd in his absence. I am not knocking his contribution which has been tremendous but do not think that he has been the player of the season so far.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
1. Bridcutt
2. Noone
3. CMS
4. Dunk
5. Buckley

The only 5 who could step up to the premiership imo.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Bridcutt for all round performance or maybe CMS - even though he hasn't got the goals and missed a few chances, he still worries defenders, doesn't go missing from games like some strikers who aren't scoring and clearly never stops trying and therefore makes it easier for players coming from deep to have chances of their own.

edit: Just judging from home league and cup games.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports