Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cuffs (new crime drama set in Brighton)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Standard cop drama made more interesting by the continuity errors that mean they can travel miles in minutes, totally unlike the real Brighton.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Giving it one more go..

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Really puts brighton in a good light doesn't it

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So for those who watched it....sympathy for the old lady or the pikey she shot after he had robbed her three times?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
So for those who watched it....sympathy for the old lady or the pikey she shot after he had robbed her three times?

It's not black and white, so how about both.... but with a bias towards the old lady.
Although what she did was wrong, it's quite understandable.
But the reaction of the kid's family was well portrayed.

I can understand the "he got what he deserved" view, but nobody deserves that.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Anyone worked out how they managed to get from Saltdean to Mill Road and then to the University so quickly?

I think it's called poetic licence. I can remember many years ago watching Bergerac, and my parents-in-law were living in St Helier at the time, when Jim was chasing a villain in to the Boots store in the town, and then chased him out of the back of a completely different shop - presumably better suited for filming. Things often didn't tie up.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
First time Ive seen it tonight.
Timely tribute to Colin Welland in that it reminded me of Z-Cars.
Low production values. Predictable and very standard storyline. Watchable but forgettable.
I don't want to be always challenged & I have no issues with televisual wallpaper so all-in-all thought it was okay.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Do you mean getting gunned down or do you mean ending up with a part in "Cuffs."

I meant getting guunned down, .... but I do seem to be in a minority thinking it was pretty good.

And anyway, his part in "Cuffs" didn't last long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here