Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cuffs (new crime drama set in Brighton)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ticks all the right boxes for Brighton gay policeman, gay policewoman who smokes splits and deputy shagging the boss

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Will give it a go for a while, though at the mo there are a few things that just don't sit right! It's hard not to nit pick.

Also to be fair, the first few episodes of The Bill were pretty awful...

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Good to see they now seem to have achieved a full house, with the lady cop coming home to a spliff and her live in girlfriend.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
First time Ive seen it tonight.
Timely tribute to Colin Welland in that it reminded me of Z-Cars.
Low production values. Predictable and very standard storyline. Watchable but forgettable.
I don't want to be always challenged & I have no issues with televisual wallpaper so all-in-all thought it was okay.

My thoughts exactly. Passed a lazy hour after work.

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
The main problem with this show is chronically boring & uninteresting characters - apart from that creepy lead detective, whatever he's up to.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The cause of the fight round the back of London Road made me laugh.

No real decent story though, just lots of small stories with not much happening.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
shocking stuff about the old lady

FREE SHOTGUN TILLY

vector-illustration-clenched-fist-held-high-protest-handwritten-word-freedom-black-color-5229431.jpg

even more shocking was the opening sequence where the "extra",the girl in red top,blue jeans pink handbag was near the entrance……was also half way up throwing a ball at the cans and also up near the end of the pier hanging around Horatios

strongly worded letter heading towards my MP

Cuffs is so bad its bordering into the " must watch" category.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Watching this show is like having teeth pulled. I wonder what Edna thinks of all these Gay,spliff smoking, lawyer knobbing and borderline psychopath Busies.?

Hackneyed drivel.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It's not black and white, so how about both.... but with a bias towards the old lady.
Although what she did was wrong, it's quite understandable.
But the reaction of the kid's family was well portrayed.

I can understand the "he got what he deserved" view, [U]but nobody deserves that[/U].
Robs an old girl ? 3 times ? Oh yes they do .....

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Example Farmer Tony Martin shoots young boy burglar.
The same father and son had robbed him 36 times before so he shot one
of them on the 37th time.
Should have been the first time thieving pikey *******s.
Someone breaks into your home to attck and rob your family ( your wife , kids etc)
Im sorry but my family and property come first BOOM ! BYE BYE SCUM !

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I bet every house in Croydon switches over from BBC1 at 8pm on a Thursday now !
I said this last week just makes Brighton look like the stereotypical gay, druggy and loony infested place it is....

OH HANG ON !

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Watching this show is like having teeth pulled. I wonder what Edna thinks of all these Gay,spliff smoking, lawyer knobbing and borderline psychopath Busies.?

Hackneyed drivel.

Never expected much, but although better than last week, it ws a real strain to watch. LIke a bad day against a packed defence, hoping for something, but it was never gonna happen.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I think it's called poetic licence. I can remember many years ago watching Bergerac, and my parents-in-law were living in St Helier at the time, when Jim was chasing a villain in to the Boots store in the town, and then chased him out of the back of a completely different shop - presumably better suited for filming. Things often didn't tie up.

In Spectre one minute Bond is in rome when suddenly he turns up at blenheim palace.

Perhaps sitting in traffic in the middle of brighton unsurprisingly doesn't make good television.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Hackneyed drivel.

I don't think Edna has recovered from the recent Horrific fly on the wall show about Brighton Police let alone worrying about this fictional dross, many years ago ITV made a Royal Navy drama called 'Making Waves', after 3 episodes they stopped showing it, i doubt the Beeb have got the bollox to do the same!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here