Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace set to battle Premier League rivals for Brighton star

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
If he goes in January.its because the club want to sell him,and they have a replacement (better ? ) lined up . TB said at the forum ,they would only sell those they wanted to.We are all thinking players like Manu......maybe just maybe DS......as well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have no idea how long you have been a fan BG or how old you are, and I know you get berated quite often. However I am on your ride and I think we will go up this season.

Thank you I am 73 years old and been a supporter since my grandad sat me in the South Stand of The Goldstone for either my 2nd or 3rd birthday. mum wasn't exactly sure which one. As regards getting promoted I am very optimistic for this season but think that if we miss out again CH/TB may decide the squad isn't good enough to make the step up required and go again with major changes for next season.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Thank you I am 73 years old and been a supporter since my grandad sat me in the South Stand of The Goldstone for either my 2nd or 3rd birthday. mum wasn't exactly sure which one. As regards getting promoted I am very optimistic for this season but think that if we miss out again CH/TB may decide the squad isn't good enough to make the step up required and go again with major changes for next season.

Have you checked to see if there was a game on either your 2nd or 3rd birthday?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
palace are at home to Man City, this Saturday.
While Hull play Blunderland and West Ham travel to Spurs.

They ought to be teetering on the brink of a relegation place this time next week.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
palace are at home to Man City, this Saturday.
While Hull play Blunderland and West Ham travel to Spurs.

They ought to be teetering on the brink of a relegation place this time next week.
With a big relegation 6 pointer away at Swansea the following match.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
DS after the Wigan match:
"I enjoy playing for this football club , i enjoy playing for the manager, and i'll be fully committed through to the end of the season. There's no question about that".
via (7.20 in)]

His eye's look LEFT (recollection) with the playing for the club bit and the manager bit-

His eye's look RIGHT (creation) when talking about the future bit....

Body language.......that said the future is unknown so i would on this occasion not say he is lying,however he had to make that bit up...naturally of course.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
His eye's look LEFT (recollection) with the playing for the club bit and the manager bit-

His eye's look RIGHT (creation) when talking about the future bit....

Body language.......that said the future is unknown so i would on this occasion not say he is lying,however he had to make that bit up...naturally of course.

He also has his fingers crossed. #justsaying

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Not what we need .

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's paper talk , not at the level we'd require .

Would he have done you in your first season up,can he play higher is what i am asking.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Would he have done you in your first season up,can he play higher is what i am asking.

Probably , but I'm comparing him to our existing midfielders and I don't think he would improve it . IMO , I think he will stay if you come up .

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Probably , but I'm comparing him to our existing midfielders and I don't think he would improve it . IMO , I think he will stay if you come up .

Which will now probably lead us onto that other thread-top 20 wages.....£37k/week average ouch.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Which will now probably lead us onto that other thread-top 20 wages.....£37k/week average ouch.
That's the problem . Tony needs the extra income to start paying back something but most , if not all of it , will go in acquiring players and their higher wages . It's ok saying you get £100 m per season but that gets swallowed up , it's frightening really .

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That's the problem . Tony needs the extra income to start paying back something but most , if not all of it , will go in acquiring players and their higher wages . It's ok saying you get £100 m per season but that gets swallowed up , it's frightening really .

It is and very so,besides £100M is in old "Palace" money,were we to go up,the new "Albion" currency is £160M

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Now we know Palace are paying £37,800 a week on mercenaries I can't help think this will be a done deal, regardless on whether we're promoted or not,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here