Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal palace, joke of a club?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Relevant to what?

Well think about it, if our Palace friend feels our low attendance in previous season's IS relevant, arguably if Withdean had been larger possibly we would have got more people. In terms of what we can fill i.e % of our capacity, we have actually done fairly well.

Feb 14, 2010
As another Poster said, Relevant to what? You Struggled to sell out an 8,000 seater stadium, You think a new stadium influx is going to change Years upon Years of rotten attendances.

Mate Brighton got 30,000 in the third division against the likes of Darlington. You seriously cant want to argue that after "the war years", exile at Gillingham, they playing at a ground with no roof and an athletics track, playing lower league football compares to palace's lack of support after a very successful 25 years in the higher leagues (including top flight)? Dont get me wrong, I know palace have support, and I have no idea what is wrong at the palace at the moment, but unless you face the problem, then you will never solve it. Personally I think its a shame it was 17000 down at selhurst tonight.

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
As another Poster said, Relevant to what? You Struggled to sell out an 8,000 seater stadium, You think a new stadium influx is going to change Years upon Years of rotten attendances.

:ffsparr: Goodnight NSC.

Tonight could get silly.

Don't all the boys and girls have school tomorrow?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Wow and you've managed to fill your stadium so many times? I don't think so.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Mate Brighton got 30,000 in the third division against the likes of Darlington. You seriously cant want to argue that after "the war years", exile at Gillingham, they playing at a ground with no roof and an athletics track, playing lower league football compares to palace's lack of support after a very successful 25 years in the higher leagues (including top flight)? Dont get me wrong, I know palace have support, and I have no idea what is wrong at the palace at the moment, but unless you face the problem, then you will never solve it. Personally I think its a shame it was 17000 down at selhurst tonight.

Absolutely this!

CPFC1234

Banned
Oct 26, 2011
ON A DERSERTED ISLAND

Listen Sir, I agree with that, ITS the Ticket Prices Trust Me, no wonder the likes of Charlton average more than us, they give away tickets for £5 against the likes of Stevenage. But at the end of the day what some of you lot come out with like "Your a Huger club cause you have Better support" is quite frankly Beyond Belief and largely Piss taking.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think you find our 4 owners are richer than Yours, And Should the New Ground move get of the ground, We will fund it via the sale of SP, Third party investment, Owner investment, Naming Rights ect. Our owners are confident that is not an issue.
Tony Bloom has financed the stadium from his personal fortune , CPFC2010 wont be doing the same and putting their hands in their pockets , it will all be done on wonga.com finance

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Listen Sir, I agree with that, ITS the Ticket Prices Trust Me, no wonder the likes of Charlton average more than us, they give away tickets for £5 against the likes of Stevenage. But at the end of the day what some of you lot come out with like "Your a Huger club cause you have Better support" is quite frankly Beyond Belief and largely Piss taking.

Pretty sure you did a Groupon offer of 2 tickets for a tenner not so long ago ???
"Your a Huger club" :nono:
Samuel Johnson is turning in his grave.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
17k tonight, 2.5k from us, looking to move to a 40k? all seater (pointless)

Thoughts?

1. 17k home and 2.5K away is not a millions miles away from normal attendances at the brand spanking new Amex this season.
2. Joke of a club? They've been above us for the best part of a generation.
3. In two matches against us this season they're unbeaten.

I'd rein it in, mate. This is the first season in 20 years that our league attendances are regularly around the 20,000 mark.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
More than you did at the Withdean, But our stadiums impossible to fill up now anyway due to segregation.

So was Withdean , an away end holding 900 which was sited 50 yards away from the end of the pitch because of the running track which normally attracted about 200 away fans. A stand with 180 seats not used due to safety reasons after a small fire for the last 2 seasons. Thank god we didn't have wooden seats or benches to sit on.

dandy

Jan 23, 2012
I think that there must of been Earth tremors around SE25 as Br1-3hton players kept falling over, and a nice change of strip from Tesco to Asda, classy

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I think you find our 4 owners are richer than Yours, And Should the New Ground move get of the ground, We will fund it via the sale of SP, Third party investment, Owner investment, Naming Rights ect. Our owners are confident that is not an issue.

I'll think you find that is bullshit. Your owners are so rich they are scrabbling away trying to think of ways to fund this new stadium whereas ours opened his big fat wallet and to date has shelled out £110 million+ with millions more earmarked for the extra seats and new academy. Parish himself has been quoted as saying he isn't sure how the money will be raised but it shouldn't be too hard, has that clown actually looked at the economy lately. Your owners are full of hot air and empty promises pal. And who gives a toss how many we got at the goldstone or withdean? It's completely irrelevant what is plain to see is that right now and for the foreseeable future your noddy little club will be in our shadow in every way, ye you may win the odd game and spunk yourself stupid over it but you are now our bitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here